Chapter Six.

Kumo bit back laughter at Iroh's 'attire'. She smirked from her place on the back of whatever the earth benders were riding. She, unlike Iroh, had been clothed at the time of attack so did not have to endure the cold night in nothing but a loin cloth.

"Where are you taking us?" He asked, surprisingly calmly.

"We're taking you to justice." An earth bender announced, arrogance radiated of him. Kumo snorted.

"Can we not bathe in peace?" She asked, tauntingly, narrowing her eyes at an earth bender who shuffled under her intense gaze.

"But, where, specifically?" Iroh pressed.

"Oh, a place you know quiet well. You once laid siege to it for six hundred days." The earth bender scowled. 

"Ah, the great city of Ba Sing Se!" Iroh muttered. Kumo had never been to Ba Sing Se but was pretty excited. She heard it was a gorgeous city that the fire nation tried to conquer. She wasn't listening to the rest of the conversation.

She sensed something. But snapped out of her thoughts when Iroh fell of the back of the creature thing. Realising it was okay, she went back to placing a finger on what she felt. Maybe it was the Solstice due to take place soon.

-

Morning came quick. The sun was scorching her pale skin that was to used to cold climates. Kumo growled, even with her thin clothing she still was too warm. She heard a gasp and her attention snapped to Iroh, then to what he was looking at. 

The avatar rode a dragon... They both emitted a blue haze and had seemingly translucent skin. They were in the spirit world. Kumo had always noticed these things, the spirits but Iroh had too. She frowned. 

"Is there a problem?" An earth bender asked.

"Actually, yes there is, my old joints are achey and sore and these shackles are too loose! They bump around and hurt my wrist." Kumo gave Iroh a blank stare. "Could you tighten them?"

She was curious to what Iroh was planning as they all got of the creature, an earth bender remained near her incase she decided to escape. She watched Iroh's cuff heat up as he blew on it. The earth bender put his hand on it, burning it severely.

And then things went from there, she watched, completely dumfounded from her spot near the creature as Iroh shot fire at them from his feet before rolling down a hill. Kumo had no words. She snapped out of the confused trance before propelling herself into the air.

She swirled in the air before throwing herself down the same hill, using air to soften the roll. No matter how stupid it was, it was working so far, she had to give him credit for that. The earth benders had a plan of their own though.

They stomped their feet and a rockslide formed, dust and rubble tumbled down the hillside at amazing speeds. Kumo managed to wrap herself in a cocoon of air of sorts but Iroh wasn't that lucky and was quickly buried under it.

The earth benders talked as they stood around Iroh, ignoring Kumo, she took this as her chance to roll away.

Her plan failed and she was instantly snatched up by the earth bender and brought back to where Iroh was. 

-

She watched helplessly as the earth benders planed to stop Iroh from fire bending. 

"It's time to crush these dangerous hands." An earth bender snarled, lifting a rock into the air. Kumo panicked, she had to do something. She paused before sucking in a deep breath and then realising caused a torrent of swift wind that pushed the earth benders back.

But sadly it didn't stop them. An earth bender shot forward, earth curled around her legs, stomach and neck. It tightened dangerously. 

"Now, now, we wouldn't want to snap that pretty neck of yours, you'll have your turn after Iroh." The earth bender mocked. She narrowed her eyes, she wouldn't give them the satisfaction of her pain. They disgusted her. She spat in his face." How dare you?!"

The two earth benders chuckled as the one by Kumo tightening the earth around her, slowly strangling her. The two went back to crushing Iroh's hands. And once again, Kumo was helpless. 

The rock about to crush Iroh's hands was sent flying out the way and into the ground. It was Zuko. Kumo breathed a sigh of relief but it did not ease the chokehold grip the earth had on her. He brought his foot down on his Uncle's chains, crushing them.

"Surrender yourself!" An earth bender yelled. "It's five against two, you're clearly outnumbered."

The grip around her stomach tightened. Kumo yelled in pain, gritting her teeth. The pain ran along her insides, she scrunched her eyes shut and everything went black.

-

I groaned in pain. Whatever I was on was moving.

"Ah, Kumo, you are awake." Iroh noted, I cracked my eyes open. The sky was a soft dark blue colour that soothed my eyes. 

"Where are we?" I mumbled, rubbing my eyes. I winced when I moved my head and brought a shaky hand up to my bruised neck, before moaning in pain.

"We apear to be in a village, the avatar was here not too long ago." Iroh explained, I look around at the slightly destroyed village. Zuko was questioning a man on where the avatar was. I sighed as he kicked the man through a door.

He could be so rough sometimes. My head snapped up in alert, something was coming, the harsh sound of paws thundering against the ground came nearer. Zuko looked up, as did Iroh as a blurry, pale form sprung out of the forest.

My eyes widened and I scrambled of the creature I was on, Kaze bounded towards me, his curled tail wagging furiously. I squealed as he licked my face, scratching behind his ears.

"Hey, Kaze," I greeted, patting the large polar dog's shoulder, "how did you find me, huh?"

He whined in response, a twig snapped behind me and he began to growl menacingly. I glanced over at Zuko who stared at me curiously. I gestured for him to come over, which he did, just very cautiously. I smacked Kaze's nose.

"He's a friend, okay, Kaze?" I scolded, he stopped growling and his tail began to wag again. I smiled softly at the large beast.

"What is it?" Zuko asked, standing behind me. I looked up at him.

"It's a polar dog, his names' Kaze!" I explained as Kaze went to sniff Zuko, who tensed. "Kaze, this is Zuko, he's a friend."

Kaze nudged his nose against Zuko, who stared at him, unsure of what to do.I chuckled.

"He wants you to stroke him." I explained, patting Kaze's shoulder. Zuko gingerly placed a hand on the dog's head before stroking him, Kaze's tongue lolled out his mouth.

"I think he likes you."