Chapter 9

Aurora's P.O.V

I sighed getting out of bed, still emotionally exhausted and now sore. I winced touching the bruises on my wrists, "I hate him." I whispered to myself as I went into the bathroom, turning on the water for my shower I tied my hair up because I just washed it yesterday. Taking my clothes off quickly I got in the shower wanting to feel the warm water. I jumped slightly as I felt the bruise on the back of my leg get hit with water, I sighed shaking my head and turned around to wash myself off.

-------------------

"I'm coming!" I shouted down to Scott as he kept calling me, I finished covering up my wrist bruises and rushed downstairs as he started calling me again, "Are we taking your bike or is Stiles driving?" I asked taking a bite of an apple. "Stiles." He answered seeing Stiles pull up, "Come on, you can eat in the car." He said grabbing my wrist to pull me along, "Ouch!" I said immediately pulling my arm back, "I forgot I'm sorry!" He said as he turned around to face me, "It's okay." I sighed grabbing my apple and following him to the jeep. "Good morning." Stiles said as we climbed in, "Yeah." I mumbled under my breath.

------------------

"Aurora." Brett said as he tried to help me with my homework, I keep zoning out, "Uh sorry." I replied looking at him, "What did you say?" I asked trying to figure out what subject we were on, "Scott told me you only had half an apple this morning and I saw you didn't even finish lunch either, what about dinner? Have you even eaten yet?" He asked quietly, I couldn't bare to look at him. "I just wasn't hungry today." I stated as I stared at the wall in front of me, "I know that wall isn't that interesting." He sighed, glancing at the clock, "It's almost seven." He added on, "I'll eat with you." He bargained trying to get me to eat dinner, "I'm not that hungry." I said, obviously I was lying. I'm starving but I can't be bothered with going to eat, all I've wanted to do was sleep all day.

I bit my lip as I continued to stare at the wall, I didn't realize I had a few tears running down my face until I felt Brett's thumb wiping them away. "What's wro-" He started but I cut him off as I practically threw myself on him. My body shook as strangled sobs escaped my mouth.

Brett's P.O.V

"What's wro-" Aurora cut me off as she wrapped her arms around my neck hugging herself to me, easily I pulled her over so she was sitting on my lap. I held her tighter in hopes of keeping her from shaking so much but it didn't work, sighing I ran my hands up and down her back, occasionally kissing the side of her head.

Aurora's P.O.V

"I'm so scared." I whispered as my tears slowed down, "Of what?" He replied as he continued rubbing my back, "Everything, life, school, every dang supernatural creature that comes to Beacon Hills. I'm afraid of losing you, Scott, everyone I care about. I'm scared to treat my dad like he is my dad because I know he's just going to leave again soon, I already heard my mom talking to him about when he leaves." I said, my hands tightening their grip on his shirt. He leaned back and turned his head slightly to look at me.

"I'm not going anywhere, Scott's not going anywhere, anyone who is worth being in your life will try everything in their power to stay here with you." He paused gathering his words, "Everyone's scared of life and school, I'll help you keep your grades up," he moved a piece of stray hair behind my ear, "I'm not letting any supernatural creature near you." He finished with a smile, "What about my dad? What about me being a banshee? I still can't even scream like one." I said getting up frustratedly, not at him but just in general.

"Your dad loves you, you know that. It's okay not being able to scream like it yet, you have to learn and that's fine." He said standing in front of me to keep me from pacing. "You've got a way with words Talbot." I said looking up at him, he smiled, "Are you okay?" He asked cupping my face, I smiled at how warm his hands are compared to how cold I am, "I will be. It just gets to be too much sometimes." I sighed closing my eyes. "I say you hold up pretty good." He answered placing a kiss on my forehead. "You're just saying that." I responded making him raise an eyebrow, "I don't just say things." He said using air quotes.