Chapter 13

Aurora's P.O.V 1 week later

Well, a lot has happened in a week, sorta. I auditioned and got accepted into the schools choir, also finding out that they gave me the first solo at our next performance of sorts. Brett was really proud and excited because I told him the song I'm singing is for him. Obviously parts of the song don't apply, "he taught me that a father could stay" those parts don't apply but overall it has a great message that applies to us- at least I think it does, in a way. I also have a duet with Dustin, we're pretty close so it should be fun.

"Babe." Brett laughed snapping out of my thoughts. "What?" I blushed as he stared at me, "We're here." He smiled pointing towards the school. "Oh." My face slushed once again. I got out of the car, Brett following. "You ready?" He asked wrapping his arms around my neck loosely from behind. "I'm nervous." I admitted, "Why? You're going to kill it." He said as I looked up at him, "What if you think the song is stupid and the duet goes horrible? Or Scott doesn't show up in time?" I asked naming just a couple of obvious reasons to be nervous. Scott is in New Mexico with Stiles getting Kira and I think my reasons to be nervous about Brett and the duet are obvious explanations.

"If you're singing I will love it and don't worry about Scott okay? He's fine, he'll be here." He assured me. I nodded taking a deep breath, "Okay." I mumbled, he leaned forward and down slightly to press his lips to mine. "I love you." He whispered after I pulled back, "I love you too." I kissed his cheek, "I've got to go." I told him as my friends from choir started calling me. He nodded, "I'll be in there." He said pointing to the gym that was set up for this. I smiled and ran off to meet up with everyone else.

"Come on! We've got to get ready!" One of the girls groaned and started pulling me along. I laughed and started speeding up to keep up with her.

---

"Makeup, hair and gown." A lady came in listing the things to see if we were done. "Yes." We all answered. She smiled, "Five minutes until the group performance and then after that everyone leave the stage except Aurora, it will be your solo followed by Dustin coming back on stage for your duet." She explained before walking out. I gave an anxious smile as they cheered me on followed by cheering Dustin on, the guys now in here too.

I sighed as the five minutes ran out and we lined up backstage, in the order we would walk out in. "Go!" The same lady as earlier called out and we all started filing out on stage. My eyes widened as I saw how many people there were. Between students, friends and family members it all added up quickly. My mom couldn't be here but Sheriff Stilinski was out in the crowd with Brett and hopefully Scott and Stiles too. Sheriff Stilinski agreed to record my solo performance for my mom to see.

The soft music played in the background as they introduced us, "We hope you all enjoy there performances!" Was the last thing they said before we started singing. We did a mashup of popular songs, it was great, I loved the idea as soon as we started practicing.

I took a shaky deep breath as the singing died out, "Now," the announcer started as everyone filed off stage, "We are happy to have Aurora McCall singing her very first solo performance!" They finished as I walked up to the microphone. I smiled as the music started up

*Watch this, this is what Aurora sounds like when she sings her solo*

I opened my eyes as I finished, I looked around starting to smile as everyone was clapping, I heard cheering coming from Brett, I looked over and saw Scott and Stiles now with him. I bowed slightly as they announced my duet with Dustin, I turned and saw him walking out on stage.

---

I looked around for everyone who was here for me, just like everyone was doing now that the performances were over. "Aurora!" I heard people calling from behind me, I turned around and saw Scott looking at me. I rushed over to him, hugging him tightly, "That was great, you were great." He said as he started to loosen his grip on me, I smiled at him as I pulled back, "Thanks." I breathed out, Stiles and the Sheriff repeating basically the same things as they too hugged me. "Where's Brett?" I asked Scott looking around, "He went to the bathroom." He laughed rolling his eyes, "Here I am." Brett said coming over to us. I turned and hugged him tightly, the others walking off to give use some space.

"That was amazing." He pulled back and kissed me forcefully but loving. "Thank you, did you like the song?" I asked biting my lip. He smiled, "I loved it." He laughed softly at my relieved expression. I thought I heard someone calling my name so I turned but didn't see anyone, sighing I turned back towards Brett. He was staring at me, not in a creepy way, he was just staring- admiring. I blushed as he pushed a piece of my hair behind my ear, cupping my cheek with his hand. "I don't think I tell you that you're beautiful as much as I should." He smiled down at me, "Aww." I heard from behind him, I peeked around him to see my mom. "Mom!" I smiled going over to her. "I thought you had to work?" I asked as she hugged me, "I pulled some strings." She laughed.

"How long have you been here?" I asked her as she smiled at Brett. "I just got here, I was hoping I hadn't missed anything." She sighed, "It's okay, Sheriff Stilinski recorded my duet and solo for you." I explained as I looked for him, "Oh okay, well I'll go find him then." She replied, "You go out with your friends and have fun." She added on before walking into the crowd of people. I turned back towards Brett, "You were saying." I smirked stepping back into his grip. He laughed tilting his head back slightly, "I think I was going to kiss you but I'm not too sure." He joked. I smacked his arm lightly, I pouted my lips looking up at him.

He shook his head before finally connecting our lips. All of a sudden everyone started screaming, I jumped back and saw everyone running out, that's when I saw it. The Beast.