Chapter 14

a/n; ok, ok, ok, I'm so going to go on my own creative twists so don't expect this to be like the show, sorry! Also I don't really think of Lori this way, I just do it for the story.

Aurora's P.O.V

I went wide eyed as I stood frozen watching the beast. "Aurora!" Brett snapped catching my attention, "Come on!" He shouted pulling me along as he ran. I snapped out of my thoughts and made myself run at full speed. I saw Scott go into a room, I pulled Brett into it following my brother, I leaned against the wall breathing rapidly. "Go out the window! Now!" Scott shouted at the girl he brought in here, she hesitated before going out the window. "You're hurt." I mumbled looking over at him. Before anyone could even process what I said, the beasts hand smashed through the door and grabbed Scott. "Scott!" I started to shriek. Brett covered my mouth, "Shh." He shushed me before he started pulling me along with him.

I panted as we ran into the library, looking around I saw a bunch of people in the isles of book shelfs. I walked over to one of the less crowded areas, Brett following. Everyone stayed silent waiting until we would know for sure everything was okay. I jumped up as I heard the doors fly open. I peeked out and saw Scott. "Scott!" I called in a whispering tone. He looked over and looked around seeing all the people. "Everyone go up there!" He shouted pointing towards the upper level of the library. People started rushing up there. "Now!" He growled his eyes turning red as he stared at the doors. I along with everyone else started running up the stairs.

I watched as the beast came running in, fighting with Scott, that's when I did something really stupid. I started running back down the stairs. "Aurora!" Brett called out following me, I stopped for a split second to look at him before I heard Scott yelling at me to move. I turned and saw the beast running straight towards me. Before I could even think of moving I felt the beasts extremely big hands wrapping around my neck. My feet being lifted off the ground, I struggled in his grip, starting to feel the oxygen leaving me. I heard more people swing the library doors open before I felt myself being thrown to the ground as everything went black.

---

I felt as if I was coming to but when I couldn't open my eyes I realized something was wrong- really wrong. "Is she going to be okay?" I heard Scott ask, I tried so hard to move my hand, open my eyes, speak, but nothing worked. "It looks like she will be but the first 48 hours were extremely critical." An unknown voice answered him. I listened carefully as they moved around, I heard a door opening as my mom started talking. "Come on, Scott. Let him have a minute with her." I heard her say, "Who is she talking about?" I thought to myself as I laid there unable to do anything.

"The doctors said you can hear me, so I'm just going to talk to you. I hope that's okay." I heard Brett say to me, laughing softly, I could hear the pain in his voice. My heart hurt at the thought of him being upset. I heard some sniffling before he continued, "They said you're really lucky to be alive. It's been the longest two days of my life. You've had three surgeries." He paused "Two days?!" I thought to myself before he continued, "You might not be able to do things like you could before, but it's okay. I'll help you." He added on and I tried to imagine the smile on his face when he said that but it just wasn't the same.

"I wish you were awake, I wish they didn't have to have you on this stupid machine." He mumbled more to himself then anything. "Mr. Talbot, visiting hours are over." I heard someone say, "Okay." He replied, I heard moving around before I felt him squeeze my hand. "I love you." He said almost inaudibly.

---
Brett's P.O.V

"Brett, did you want a ride home?" Mrs. McCall asked me as I walked out of Aurora's hospital room. I shook my head, "No thank you." I answered politely. She nodded softly, "Scott, I'll be in the car." She told Scott before walking off. Scott looked over at me, looking exhausted himself. "How are you holding up?" He asked as we both walked slowly towards the exit. "Fine." I replied, he sighed. "She'll be okay. She's a fighter alright? We both know she wouldn't want you to be like this." He told me, I nodded, "I know." I sighed. "See you tomorrow." I added on, he nodded as we both went our separate ways to go home.

---

I slammed the front door of my house shut, I heard Lori upstairs. I sighed grabbing something to eat from the kitchen before trudging up to my room. "How is she?" I heard Lori shout, not even bothering to come into my room. I rolled my eyes, "The same!" I replied before shutting my door. Sitting on my bed I removed my shoes and sighed again. I ate the sandwich I got out of the fridge before laying down.

"I want you to wake up." I whispered to myself, I've done this the past two nights that she's been like this. I talk to myself like she's right next to me. "Please." I mumbled as sleep started taking over.

---

Aurora's P.O.V next day

I tried again opening my eyes, being unsuccessful. I heard the door open, I've developed a schedule with these nurses. They come in to check on me every hour. "How are you doing sweetie?" I heard my nurse Doris ask me. She stays in here longer than the rest of the nurses, she tells me about herself and her kids. She tells me how Brett is here everyday after school. How my mom is here during all of her breaks.

She grabbed my hand, "This is up to you. If you want to come back then you make yourself come back, you fight." She told me squeezing my hand lightly. "I want to come in here one day and see those pretty eyes of yours." She stated, "Your boyfriend says they're one of the most beautiful things he's seen, he's such a sweet heart. He never lets go of your hand when he's in here." She said starting to move her hand, I tried as hard as possible to move a finger. She gasped, "You just squeezed my hand!" She exclaimed gleefully. "I'll be sure to let the doctor know." She said before leaving.

I felt some relief knowing that I actually moved part of my body. I heard two pairs of feet walking into my room, "Yes, Doctor, she really squeezed my hand!" I heard Doris tell the doctor. He sighed, "Doris, the chances of that are slim to none. She should hardly be alive let alone starting to wake up." I heard the voice of Liam's stepdad, so he's my doctor. "Just grab her hand and see if she does it." She sighed to him. I felt someone grabbing my hand loosely. "Come on darling. I know you can do it again." I heard Doris encourage me. I squeezed his hand, this time knowing I actually succeeded. "This is amazing." I heard him say as he moved his hand away.

"Tell Melissa that she's doing this now." I heard him add on. I grew happy as I heard this, hopefully I wake up soon.