Chapter 15

Aurora's P.O.V

"Waking up?" I heard my mom asking happily, "It appears that way, it could still be days, don't get your hopes up." The doctor replied, I heard her let out a sigh before a door opened and closed. I felt someone gripping my hand, "You can do this." My mom whispered to me before leaving. If I could I would just wake up but it's not that simple. Last night apparently I had a close call, I heard the monitor go flat before I could see everything in the room. The doctors doing chest compressions and shocking me. I had stood there watching and before I could even blink my eyes I was back in my body.

In this horrible vegetative state. Brett had came to visit just before it had happened, thankfully he left before it happened, I wouldn't want to put him through that.

---

"Hello miss Aurora." I heard Doris greet cheerfully. I wish I could smile, I wish I could talk to her. "I'm really hoping you'll be waking up soon." She added on, I tried moving my eyes hoping she would see. I felt like I was moving them, "Can you open your eyes?" She asked making curiosity peak inside me, can I?

It was like I was being blinded, my eyes widened at the ability to see. I wanted to take a gasp of air but I couldn't with the tube in my throat. "Okay, sweetie just stay calm and I'll go get the doctor." Doris said before rushing out. I moved my eyes as I adjusted to the light, I saw your typical bland hospital room- except there were a lot more machines in here.

My eyes moved to the left as fast as possible as multiple people came in. I saw Liam's step father and who I think is Doris, along with another nurse and hearing my mom outside. The doctor checked me over quickly. "Okay, stay as still as possible well we take this out." He said pointing to the tube that was still inside my mouth and throat. I nodded slightly. I squeezed my eyes shut as they pulled it out, immediately coughing once it was out. I took some deep breaths of air, the feeling instantly easing my nerves.

"Water." I croaked out, scowling at the sound of my voice. "Of course." I heard that familiar voice speak, I watched as Doris grabbed a cup of water and held it up to my lips, gently pouring some into my mouth. I took it graciously, feeling the cool water soothe my extremely dry throat. I let out a sigh as I leaned my head back against my pillow, "Oh he was right." Doris stated making me turn my head to look at her, "Brett said you have very pretty eyes, and you do." She added on before the door swung open revealing my mom and Scott. "I'll leave you guys alone, the doctor will be right in." She smiled before walking out.

"Mom." I almost cried out, she came over hugging me gently. "You're okay." She said slightly crying. I nodded into her shoulder before pulling back and holding my arms out for my brother, he inhaled through his nose as he hugged me like his life depended on it. "I missed you Scott." I whispered, "I missed you too Aurora." He replied kissing my cheek.

I zoned out after the doctor had came in and started rambling, only listening to the part where he said that I can go home hopefully in a week. Depending on how it goes, "Aurora?" Scott asked shaking me from my thoughts, "Hmm?" I hummed happily as I took another sip of water. "Brett is probably just getting out of school, he wasn't going to come until tonight but did you want me to call him?" He asked as I looked around the room. I noticed that my mom wasn't in here.

"Mom had to get back to work." He said sadly, it didn't bother me I understand it, she has to be able to pay for all these hospital bills. "It's okay," I paused drinking some more, "Can I use your phone to call Brett?" I asked a smile covering my face. "Sure, he's going to flip out." He stated as he pulled out his phone handing it to me.

I held the phone up to my ear as it rang, anxiously smiling. "Scott? Is everything okay?" Brett asked sounding nervous as he answered, I held back a laugh, "Everything's great." I answered, my voice finally didn't sound as hoarse. I heard him gasp, "Aurora?" He asked and I could hear the happiness in his voice. "That's me." I answered this time laughing. "Oh my god." He breathed out, "I'll be there in ten." He stated before hanging up, I rolled my eyes and handed Scott his phone, he raised an eyebrow. "He said he'll be here in ten." I quoted to my brother.

He nodded seeming excited, "Why are you so happy?" I asked as the door opened, Doris walking in with a bowl of soup making my eyes widen, "Thank you thank you thank you." I repeated as she set it down on my tray table, sliding it over to me. "You're welcome." She answered, "Scott, how are you doing?" She asked laughing slightly, he still had that weird smile on his face. "I'll be great once Brett gets here and I won't have to listen to him be sad anymore." He replied making me smile.

I took my spoon, my arms shaking making me confused, "You'll be fine with your arms, you just have to build up some of the muscle again." Doris explained, making me more confused, "What about my legs?" I asked as I carefully tried to lift my leg, not being able to. She looked over to Scott. "That's going to take a while sweetheart. You're going to need physical therapy." She said making my heart drop.

"What?" I asked as tears welled up in my eyes. "It's okay, you're going to do just fine." She assured me, before she started getting called into another room. "I'm sorry." She said referring to having to leave. I sat there in shock, Scott came and sat on the edge of the bed next to me. "Scott I-I need to do physical therapy." I stuttered out, "I know, it's going to be okay though. You'll be able to walk and that's all that matters." He said calmly, I nodded taking a deep breath, "Does Brett know?" I asked, he nodded, "They told us that before you woke up." He told me, I sighed and nodded.

I once again picked up the spoon, taking some soup in it before shakily lifting it to my mouth, the feeling of something closer to food soothing me. The door opened making me look up and smiling widely as I saw Brett entering the room. Scott moved out of the way so Brett could reach me. "Baby." Brett breathed out hugging me carefully, I wrapped my arms around his neck hugging him as tightly as I could. My eyes filling up with tears again, this time just happy tears.

"No, no, don't cry." He pouted leaning back to wipe my tears. I laughed slightly, "Can you give us a minute?" I asked looking around him to see my brother, Scott nodded before walking out. Brett sat next to me in the bed, "I know I have to go to physical therapy." I told him looking up at him nervously. "It's okay." He assured me, I nodded softly. I took another spoonful of soup as he watched my arm shaking. "You know," I started off as I set down my spoon turning to look at him. "I heard everything from the past two days." I explained making him blush slightly.

"Oh." He mumbled, I smiled raising my hand up to touch his cheek, his hand covering mine, he kissed my forehead. "I love you so much." He mumbled pulling back slightly, his lips ghosting over my skin. I smiled moving my head to lean on his chest. "I love you too." I replied.