Home Sweet Home?

Loki marched down towards the end of the room in rattling chains, his face in an ill concealed smirk

Loki marched down towards the end of the room in rattling chains, his face in an ill concealed smirk. There should have been no reason for it. He had shackled wrists, feet, and one inexplicably around his hips. Not to mention he had lost every goal set when he'd gone to earth, and to the earth from which Sutton Regan, the unmotivated mortal of power, came. But still, there was a smirk that he swallowed down as they entered further and further into the room. Thor followed along after his brother and the guards, his own face set in a worried frown.

Odin sat on his throne before them all; regal in gold, his one good eye casting judgement on the company. Frigga stood to the side. She held herself as the queen she was, though relief colored her face at the same time as it was marred by motherly worry and despair.

Loki stilled himself before Odin's throne without any fanfare, the smirk totally gone now. After the final rattling of the chains as they settled, the room was silent. Odin seemed to be waiting for a remark from his adopted son, but when Loki remained mum, he finally spoke up.

"So this is how my son must be returned to me? In chains and as a wielder of destruction. Have you nothing to say for yourself?"

Loki let the question linger in the air a moment before he took in a breath and lifted his head.

"Only that, had I not been so forgotten, cast into the void, and left defenseless, perhaps this moment could have been avoided."

The room started in surprise at his statement, Thor looked a combination of confused and furious at the claim. Odin snapped in reply.

"What do you mean by this?"

"Oh," Loki's tone was almost patronizing. "But I wouldn't want to make excuse for my behavior, would I? Since the mighty Allfather already knows me to be guilty."

"Loki," pleaded Frigga, her hands were clasped tightly together. "Please don't make this any worse."

Loki tilted his head back to look at her and flashed a face of grim amusement.

"Define worse."

Furious, Odin rapped his staff on the stone floor.

"Enough! Leave us."

Frigga cast an unappreciative glance up at her husband, but left after only a moments hesitation. Loki shot his own glare at the king of Asgard. After Frigga had completely left the room Odin continued on.

"You cause death and destruction wherever you go by your own hand and will. You are alive now only because of your mother's love, and you will never see her again."

The last statement seemed to reverberate around the spacious room, causing even Loki to blink in shock and dismay. His lips parted without sound ever leaving them and he looked on the man who had been his father in betrayal even unexpected for him. Thor winced, casting his eyes down, and looked away.