The Magic of the Moment

Sutton was not happy with her current options. The group was about to split up and neither team was a great choice. Either she went with Han, who still didn't like her, and Chewie to be shot at by stormtroopers, or she went with Luke and Leia to"Tarzan" it over that pit.

She didn't think that grappling hook of Luke's could hold three people.

So when Han bravely charged down the hall with Chewie, Sutton groaned and trudged along behind. When she heard the sound of a grown man crying out and a Wookie roaring, Sutton swiveled on her heel and started booking it in the opposite direction.

Which way was she supposed to go?

There was the thunder of feet behind her and the high whine of blaster fire. Something hot breezed by her face and Sutton let out a shout of her own. Two pairs of pounding footsteps caught up with her, then passed her, and Sutton let out a cry of insult as Han Solo and his companion started to leave her in the dust.

"Hey!"

Han Solo didn't even slow down, but Chewie, bless him, turned enough to snatch her up and tossed her over his shoulder.

"Oof!"

Sutton felt like she was in a car flooring it over speed bumps as they ran down the hall. Her face was buried in Chewie's long fur as blaster fire sounded around her and she screamed.

"Just run in a straight line, gosh dang it! They can't aim for crap!"

But her helpful advice went unacknowledged and Sutton was able to push up her body enough to watch behind Chewie at the stampede of soldiers in pursuit. Stormtroopers were slightly more intimidating when they were actually running after you, faceless, and trying to blow your head off. She let out a low groan in the back of her throat. She wasn't sure if it was from being jostled so much or from all the compounded stress, but she was beginning to not feel so great.

It actually didn't take very long for them to make it back to the hangar and Chewie, once again, put her down as gently as the situation would allow. Sutton swayed on her feet a moment before giving him another grin and thanking him. Han was looking around the bay in frustration and Sutton waved a hand at him flippantly as she bent over and continued to try and settle her stomach.

"Give them a second," she said.

And true to her word, as she always was if anyone bothered to listen, Luke and Leia came rushing up to join them.

"What kept you," Han asked a bit irritably.

"We ran into some old friends," Leia responded sarcastically.

"Is the ship all right?"

"Seems ok, if we can get to it. Just hope the old man got the tractor beam out of commission."

Sutton rolled her eyes.

"He got it down, it's fine. Let's just go."

"Well, now'd be our chance," Han said. "Go!"

Sutton booked it for the Falcon, not bothering to even look back. That is, until she heard Luke's voice call out,

"Ben?"

Oh no. This part.

The hairs on the back of her neck stood on end because she knew what was coming next. And also, if she dared to turn around, she'd be able to see the Sith Lord himself.

Darth Vader.

Sutton was suddenly struck with an uneasiness that she'd yet to experience on her adventure. All thought vanished from her mind as she turned to see the two wielders of the Force duke it out.