Lost A Bit of it's Magic

Sutton still wasn't feeling settled as afternoon came on, nor could she find Hagrid, so she decided to head back to the hut for a bit of time alone. There was an uneasiness growing in her gut that made her wonder if she were going to be jumping out of this universe soon. After going through it twice now, she couldn't quite ignore feelings of illness like she would've liked to.

Alone in the dwelling Sutton walked back to her room and dug through her small stash of belongings. She gathered up her old Tatooine clothes and found Hagrid's small sewing kit in the main room, and then she sat at the table to work.

Of course the guy would magically give a kid a pig tail, but resort to using a sewing kit for mending torn trousers.

Did she really just think the word 'trousers'?

In her heart of hearts, she knew she wouldn't wear the Tatooine garments again. She associated them too much with garbage and horrid smells. Additionally, they were amazingly uncomfortable. She assumed they were woven from some tough fiber, and now that she had clothes a bit more cozy she wasn't going back. But she still wanted to keep them. They were authentic, after all. So, she began her project of cutting up the shirt and other large sections.

A few hours later she had a crude drawstring bag that she inspected proudly. It wasn't her best project, but she thought it worked out nicely for not having a sewing machine. Testing out the opening, she pulled at it until it had expanded to its fullest, dropped her new ribbon inside, and then pulled on the string straps. The opening puckered closed and Sutton felt some small victory.

There! Now she could just have this bag with her at all times and hopefully be able to transport things with her if she suddenly teleported.

Thinking about it further, Sutton dropped a few snacks into the bag as well.

There was enough food in the hut that she could throw together a small lunch. She really didn't think she could stomach a trip to the teacher's lounge at the moment. Whatever Dumbledore had in mind for her was far from over, and she didn't want to run the risk of being caught as the new subject of school gossip.

Surely, after all, the portraits talked to each other.

She was just waking from a short nap when she heard a tapping at the front door. With a short moan, she sluggishly pulled herself from her bed, blindly groping for her new bag and slinging it over her shoulder as she rubbed at her eyes.

Crap. What if someone was coming to check on why she wasn't working? At least she could make it look like she'd been about to.

"I was just heading out to-"

She hadn't had the mind to wonder who'd be knocking in the first place, but she was delighted to find it was actually everyone's favorite trio.

"Oh, hey," she said more brightly than she'd been feeling a moment ago. "Uh, Hagrid isn't here right now."

Harry was the one to answer.

"We're not looking for Hagrid, actually," he said. "We were wondering if you wanted to come hang out with us in the Gryffindor common room?"

Sutton was silent for a beat.

"Oh, um, sure! Yeah! Right now? Are you guys out of classes already?"

Had she slept that long? Why did they want to hang out with her?

"Yes," Hermione spoke up. "And please do!"
"Yeah; Fred and George won't stop talking about you. Seem to think you've got some interesting secret."