Chapter 4

The next day I skipped school. I wanted as far from Harika as I could. Though I can't stay home. Whoever that figure is knows how to get in even when I lock it.
I walked out of my house and headed for the berry grove. I grabbed my hammer as I left.
I reached the opening in the bushes. No signs of Harika. I sighed in relief.
Then the sound of someone running became audible. There was no one in sight in the grove. I peeked out at the road. Still nothing, yet the noise grew louder.
I saw the glint of sun on metal a little to late. Next thing I knew, I was flat on my back with a massive gash on my face. It began bleeding pretty bad. I held my hand to it. I drew it back in pain. I stood back up. Then it happened again. This time on my leg. I stifled a scream of pain. When I looked up I saw a figure. Black hair was all I got before a blow to the head knocked me out cold.
"Where am I? Oh my head!" I said trying to move. My hands and legs were bound. I looked around. I was still in the grove.
"I'm still here? Why didn't they just kill me?" I said. I tried to break free again. The ropes wouldn't give. Whoever tied these meant business. I heard footsteps again. Then the sound of metal on stone.
"Oh, Kenji. What am I gonna do with you?" A voice very familiar said. Then Harika walked into view. In hand was a broad sword. Her head was looking at the ground.
"Untie me, Haricka. Now!" I said with authority.
"Hehehe. Your in no position to make demands Kenji. It's ok. I'll forgive you if you can take this without crying out." She said, as she looked up at me. Her eyes turned purple right in front of me. She took the blade of her sword and stabbed my leg.
I clenched my teeth. They gritted under the pressure. Harika then twisted the blade. I opened my mouth, but no noise came out.
"You have a very strong will Kenji. I like that. To bad I have to break it." She smiled and laughed some. I was frozen in pain. I didn't wanna move from how bad it was. How could she be so inhuman?
She reared back for another strike. I braced myself. She slashed my arm. Nipping the rope. I cried out. Blood pouring down my arm.
"Kenji, I told you not to make any noise and I'd forgive you. Now look what you did. You broke the rules." She said with a smile that looked as innocent as could be. I noticed the rope was loose. I needed to buy time to get my arm free.
"Is that lavender I smell?" I said trying to keep my voice steady.
"Oh, yes it is. I'm so happy you noticed Kenji. You really do care." She said smiling at me. Her eyes changed to normal again.
"I thought it might bring back memories of a better time. When you didn't act so strange and I didn't need to punish you." Her voice as smooth as silk. Her eyes turned back to purple.
"I almost forgot you lost. Night, night Kenji." She said rearing the blade back again. I lashed my free arm out. It collided with the left side of her head. She made a small yelp before falling. I ripped the ropes off. Then limped out of the grove.
I was half way home, when a scream penetrated the night.
"Kenji!!!" Harika's voice was obvious. I was almost there. My house was in sight. I looked behind me, a lone figure walked my way. I picked up as much speed as I could. I reached my door and turned the knob.
As soon as I was in, I tried to slam it shut. I heard a scream. In the door, were fingers. I continued to try and close it.
"Ow, Kenji that hurts! Stop please! Stop!" Olsa's voice screamed on the other side. I opened it. Olsa reared her hand back. Her fingers red.
"What is wrong with you?!" She yelled at me.
"What do you mean. I was almost killed. I'm covered in wounds. Can't you see!" I yelled back.
"Kenji your fine. Nothing is wrong with you." She said looking at me confused as she looked at my body. My clothes weren't torn. I wasn't scratched. I wasn't bleeding. It was as though it never happened.
"I..it's....just....how?" I stuttered.
"Look, I don't wanna know. I was just worried. You weren't at school. Then your limping home, when I went to check on you. Then you try to cut my fingers off with the door." She said with fear in her eyes.
"Olsa, I'm sorry. I wasn't feeling well, so I didn't go to school. I decided to go on a walk, when I fell asleep under a tree. I was walking back,when I hurt my ankle." I said smiling nervously. It didn't feel right lying to Olsa. I had no other choose though.
"Uh ok. Well I hope you feel better tomorrow. Night Kenji." She said waving. I waved back. I turned around and entered the house. I couldn't stop my rapid heart beat. I was fine. How? It was so real. I can still feel the pain from the cuts.
Was it an illusion? Did I die, and come here. No, I wasn't dead just yet. I have had enough though. I have a plan for tomorrow. To stop this once and for all. I reached for my hammer. It was gone. I must've dropped it while I was running.
"Oh Kenji your no fun. You always run away. Are you scared of me that much?" The mocking voice said from behind me. I turned around to a blade inches from my stomach.
"Kenji, you can only run so much. Your problems catch up evantually." Harika said as she pushed me up against the wall. She kissed me on the lips. Then backed away. I fell to the floor. She walked to my door. She turned back to me. Her blue eyes looking down at me.
"Night Kenji." She said with her sweet sugar voice as she left.