Chapter 9

It clicked then. The memories cleared the way for my breakthrough. The purple eyes on the gunman. The way they ran so quickly. It was easily recognizable.

"You did it. You killed my father." I said with a small voice. Haricka smiled and went to kiss me. I pushed her off me.

"I don't get it. I did it for love. I did it for us. Why can't you just accept it?" She said stepping in my way. I pushed her savagely.

"You want me to love the person who killed my father. You proclaim you did it for us, but there never was an us. There never will be!" I yelled at her. She looked at me for a second, and her eyes widened. Her fists tightened. I stared at her waiting for an attack. Her eyes looked glazed. They were like Olsa's eyes.

"There's only one way for us to be together. If alive you won't accept me, then in death you will." She slowly decreased the distance between us. I backed up as much as I could, but Harika picked up her pace. She reached out to me, but I slapped her hand away. I darted around her and went for the house. I reached for the door, when a hand grabbed my shoulder and dragged me back.

"If you have the pride to deny me, then fight me." Harika said standing over me. I went to get up, but she jumped on me and forced me down. She reached for my neck. I grabbed her wrists, and tried to force her back. She increased her power. I struggled against her attack. I looked into her eyes.

They were not the eyes of normal or even demon Harika. They were the eyes of an animal in rage. I had to catch her off guard or I'd lose this battle. Sweat was dripping from my forehead. I pulled her arms towards me, instead of forcing them back. She drew close to me, and I kissed her. She let up on her attack. I took the opening and flung her off me. I ran to the door and entered.

"Why must you play with my emotions! I love it when you play hard to get." She said from behind the door. Despite being muffled by the door, the two sentences she said had different tones. The first sounded like the original sweet Harika, but the other was demon Harika. Was the original Harika still there?

My thoughts were interrupted by banging on the door. I locked it, and ran. The banging intensified. I went in to the kitchen and grabbed a knife. I heard wood crack. I peeked around the corner at the door. It was splitting from Harika's repeated abuse. I ran up the stairs and into my room, when the door gave way.

"Kenji, my love, are we playing hide and seek? I love this game. I always win" She said as the floor creaked from her steps. I couldn't look out or she would know where I was, so I had to use the creaks to guess where she was.

Noises came from downstairs. It was muffled. She must be on the carpet in the living room. My heart was pounding. Footsteps echoed through the quiet house. Marble floors in the kitchen.

"Looks like a knife is gone. Kenji using weapons isn't fair." Harika called out. There it was again. Her first sentence was different, and her second was the original Harika. Then it was silent. I could of heard someone breath in the other room from how quiet it was. My chest began to hurt. I just knoticed I was holding my breath.

A large crash echoed throughout the house. I couldn't pinpoint where it came from. This scared me.

"Kenji." A voice said across the hall. I gripped the knife in my hand tighter. I heard footsteps enter the bathroom. There was a closet full of cleaning supplies and my room left that she hadn't checked.

"Kenji." The voice was in the hallway right outside my door. I swallowed hard, and slowly lowered myself down to the floor. I looked under my door into the hallway. Nothing was there. It was empty.

"Kenji." I jumped as the voice came from behind me. I turned to face Harika. She glared down at me. Her hands were battered and bloodied from her entrance. I sat there frozen.

"That's all you can do? Just sit there and stare at me? Your not very good with women, Kenji." She said moving towards me. I couldn't go anywhere. The door was behind me, and Harika blocked anyway of escape. My heart felt like it was going to explode.

"Your terrified expression reminds me of someone. Who was it?" She said pondering it. I tightened my grip on the hilt of the knife even more. Her face lit up as the answer came to her.

"Oh, I remember now. It was in this very room. I killed the girl who tried to steal you from me. She tried to make you hers. I couldn't have that happen, but now that doesn't matter." Her voice was emotionless, but tears steamed down her face onto the floor. She reached out to me. Her words were enough to send me off the deep end.

In my mind all the memories of when Harika, Shiann, Olsa, and I hung out. The laughs and happy moments all replayed in my mind. Then Olsa's empty eyes brought me back to reality. Harika grabbed my neck. All rage explode out of me at that moment.

I lunged my knife into Harika's midsection. She stared at me as her shirt turned red. She let go of my shirt. I lost control of myself. I stabbed her again and again.

"This is for Olsa!" I said stabbing her two more times. I finally felt the last of my rage leave me. I looked up at Harika. She put her hand to her blood soaked sirt. She brought her hand up to my face. She put it on my cheek and kissed me. She smiled as she backed up against my wall and slowly slid down to the floor.

"I love you." She said before she faded away. I brought my hand to my cheek. It was covered a deep crimson red.