Chapter 8

"What's a Wiccan?" I asked resting my head on my pillow. She began to apply some type of cream or ointment to my wounds. When she had applied it, she finally answered me.

"It's a person who uses witchcraft in the ancient Pagan religion. Though I'm not the common witch. I want the help others. I have for years. I help any travelers I can." She said putting the bowl of ointment on my table. The person who helped me is a witch. She's not hurting me, so I guess it's fine. My house was not in bad condition.

"For Harika taking over my house, it looks fine." I said looking around. The Wiccan shuffled uncomfortably.

"What? What's wrong?" I asked. She looked up the stairs. She looked back down at me. I was worried now.

"Was your bedroom the one on the left? The one with a blue bed spread?" She asked my in a small voice. I nodded in return.

"Was there a girl with you?" She asked me. I nodded again.

"She's upstairs. Most likely not in the condition you'd want her to be. She's there though. You can go up and see her if you want." She said moving out of the way. I began to move to get up.

"Just take it slowly. Those wounds aren't fully healed. I may have healing magic, but I can only heal small wounds. That's why if I came even a second later, we would of never met." She said helping me off the couch. I moved over to the stairs, holding my arm to my wound as I walked. I began to walk up the stairs. The familiar creaks came back. I reached the top. It may have been just stairs, but in my condition every step hurt. This made it feel like a mountain.

I walked up to my door. It was closed. I reached for the knob with a shaking hand. I was honestly scared to see what was on the other side. What the Wiccan told me didn't reassure me either. I finally grasped the cool metal in my hand. I turned it, and walked in. I couldn't believe what was in front of me.

My room went from white walls to a dried crimson red. My room had been wrecked. My dresser had been destroyed. Shelves had been ripped off the walls. My widow was shattered, and glass was sprawled all over the floor. My bed was no longer blue. It looked like someone just dumped red paint on it.

The worst thing was the body in the corner of my room. It was easily recognizable. I walked over to the corpse. Olsa's head sagged forward. Her legs sprawled straight in front of her, and her arms were off at her at her sides. Her eyes stared at me. They were foggy and glassy.

"I'm sorry, Olsa. I'm sorry for getting you involved in all of this. It's all my fault." I said tearing up. The only reason she's dead is because of me. I'm done with everything.

"Harika, you can torture, hurt, and harass me. This has gone to far. I'll avenge you." I said standing back up. A single tear fell down to the ground. It was followed by others. I broke down in my room. All the frustration that had been built up in the last few days released all at once. There was a creak from the door way.

"Do you think crying is going to help her? The best you could do is just let her rest." She said stepping inside the room. I nodded in return.

"I can't just report this. I'll be jailed as a murderer. She's in my house. In my room too. We'll move her out to a berry grove I know. We can report the murder there." I said slipping my arms around Olsa's torso. Her head layed on my shoulder, and I hoisted her up onto my shoulders.

I moved her through the house as best I could. Making sure not to hit her on anything. The Wiccan opened the door for me as I left. We walked in the tree line making sure not to get in the light.

"I never bothered to ask. What's your name?" I said turning to the Wiccan. She ducked behind a tree. I followed suit. A car went by us.

"My name is Haji." She said moving through the bushes. I ducked under a branch. We reached the grove a little later. I softly layed Olsa on the ground. I turned to Haji.

"I'm going to the house to phone the police. What are you going to do?" I said heading towards the edge of the grove. She motioned to the woods.

"My home's in the woods not far from here. I'll be going home for now. We will meet again." She said moving deeper into the forest. I left the grove, and made my way home.

The sun was setting on the horizon. The fact that I'm doing this. It made me furious. I had to hide and fake my friend's murder. Harika has pushed me far enough. I will bring this all to an end as soon as possible.

"Welcome home!" A figure from the top of my house said. The figure was stayed in the just out of sight.

"Harika, enough!" I said yelling at the top of my lungs. A head popped into my vision. Glowing purple eyes stared at me. I glared right back. Harika hopped down in front of me. I tried to control my want to just end her. Though it would be stupid with such a large advantage her way.

"You lived. You really are a dead man walking. I did so much to get you here, and this is how you repay me. Your so mean to me." She said the last sentence in a new tone.

"What do you mean you did, so much to get me here?" I asked curious. She smiled at this.

"I saw you when you were a kid. It was like love at first sight." ,she said stepping my way slowly, "Only one thing stood in the way of us coming together. One small obstacle. One human being." She said wrapping her arms around my neck.