Chapter 4: A Strange Dream

Your p.o.v

A soft sigh left my mouth as I lay silently on my bed. I was dreaming. I could tell. I pushed the covers off and slid off my bed. My room was dark and I could barely see. I felt around for the doorknob and after finding it, I turned it and pushed.  What hit me was not the darkness but a warm light and the scent of roses and wine. As my eyes adjusted to the sudden brightness, I understood the room. Well, it wasn't a room. It was an abyss of warm light and in it were all the people that I had met so far. I could see Erika and Walker carrying another one of their cardboard cutouts and discussing anime. I saw Shizuo walking with his hands in his pockets with a scowl on his face muttering something under his breath. I saw Kida and his friends messing around with each other laughing. But then I noticed something. None of them noticed me. Looking around, I noticed something in the distance. I stepped into the abyss and walked towards it. As I got closer, I realised it was a figure lying on a red velvet lounge. The figure was half naked with a blanket of roses spread onto his lower half. Behind him was a lady with long black hair who was pouring wine into his glass, which he held up as he watched me walk toward him with that sadistic grin of his.

"Y/N -chan," He acknowledged as he lifted his glass to me.

"Izaya," I breathed, blushing.

He flung his legs over the edge of the lounge and smiled at me as he took a sip. "Would you like some wine?" He asked make his every movement distinct.

He looked so sexy. "Um no thank you," I replied shyly.

His grin widened. He got up, the roses falling off him. He wasn't nude under them, to my disappointment, but wore black boxer briefs. He walked slowly towards me until our faces were so close together, that I could feel his hot breath.

"Are you sure?" He whispered. His fingers gently tipped my chin slightly backwards as brought his wineglass to my lips. The wine flowed down my throat like a gentle river. I was blushing. Hard. I knew it was a dream, but it felt so real. He moved the glass away from my lips and suddenly his lips were on mine. My heart almost exploded.

"Wake up sleepy head," he whispered  in my ear before everything went blank.

***

I woke up, heart pounding out of my chest. I looked at the time. Half past Eight. I was late. I tripped out of bed and ran to get dressed. There was no time for breakfast so I just grabbed an apple and ran. I got out of the building and started to call the taxi.

"Oh! Y/N san!" I turned around to see Shinra with Celty right beside him.

"Oh hello," I replied.

"You seem to be in a hurry."

"Um yeah, I'm late for work."

"Oh! Then maybe Celty could drop you off!"

"Oh no, thank you though."

"No It's fine. Where do you work?"

"Okay," I gave her Izaya's business card.

"You work for Izaya?!"

"Um, yes."

"But why?"

"I love him..." I mumbled.

"Someone loves him?" Shinra said shocked.

I was a little bit offended.

"Well it's okay if you don't want to drop me off, I was gonna call a taxi anyway," I said quietly.

"Oh no its okay." Suddenly her motorbike drove in from behind her. "Hop on."

We drove silently until Celty said something.

"Sorry if we offended you."

I read it and sighed. "It's not your fault. I know his business. I understand why no one likes him, but it kinda hurts me because no one ever says anything kind about him."

Celty hesitated for a moment. "You like him that much?"

"I don't like him. I love him."

***

Izaya sat at his computer typing something and laughing.

"I-Izaya-San?"

He stopped laughing and looked up at me. "Y/N chan~! You're late today, by ten minutes.

"I'm sorry," I said bowing my head a little.

"That's okay, there are a lot of people to see today so get to work."

I  nodded and went to my desk to see my work piled there.

Izaya was louder than yesterday, today. Every so often, he would type rapidly, then start laughing. Then he'd mutter stuff to himself. Stuff like "I love humans." He also kept moving pieces on his chessboard. The one with pieces from other games on it. I didn't really understand him, but that made him mysterious. And I liked mysterious. But there was a problem today. It wasn't him, but me. Every time I looked at him, my heart pounded louder than usual and I couldn't forget the dream. The dream where we...kissed.

"Y/N-chan, we have an appointment in a few minutes, could you please prepare some tea?"

"Oh, of course," I got up and went to ready the tea.

A few moments later, there was a knock at the door and a man, drably dressed, walked in with two bulky men. They didn't seem to notice me in the dark corner, so I continued making tea.

"Kazuhito San, what can I do for you today?"

The man leaned forward. "There's this girl who has recently been around here. I want to know where she lives. I heard her introduce herself as Y/N."

Upon hearing my name, I fell to the ground and crawled behind a bookcase. One of the men looked my way but didn't seem to see me. Izaya quickly glanced at me then his eyes went back to his customer.

"I can give you her information, but why do you want to know where she is?"

"I want her to be my girlfriend."

I gagged out loud. All heads turned to me and I slowly stood up.

"That's her. How much do you want for her?"

Izaya beckoned me towards him. I slowly walked. He wasn't really going to sell me off to this disgusting man, was he?

The man's smile widened.

"I'm but she's not for sale," Izaya said a grin appearing on his lips.

"Hah?" The man got up, his enraged eyes like fire. "What do you mean."

He was unfazed. He pulled me to his side. "This female just so happens to be my girlfriend, and I don't normally date so she is very special to me." He held my hand and walked me to the door and opened it. "Thank you and have a nice day," Izaya said staring into his eyes, his sadistic grin quivering from excitement.

The man glared at me then started walking out. Just before leaving He turned to Izaya.

"I will get you back."

"All right! Bye bye!" Izaya said waving cheerfully.

He closed the door and sighed. His walked over to his desk and sat down. His eyes rose to my face.

"Aren't you shrouded with drama?" he said grinning.

I stared at his face. Was his heart not beating like mine was? Like I could barely breathe at that moment.

"Why didn't you sell me off to him?" I ask curiously as I walked toward his desk.

His expression softened as he looked me in the eyes. My heart was going doki doki again.

"Well if I had, I wouldn't have an assistant for tomorrow."

Oh.

**********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Guys please forgive me I am a lousy author.