Chapter 8: A New Resolve

"Y/N-chan..." he whispered, there was a mixture of curiosity and playfulness in his expression.
I looked down at him, my hair cascading down. He reached up putting it behind my ear. I stared at him for a moment, just processing what the hell I had just done. And before I could think any further, I rolled off of him on to the ground then picked myself up. My cheeks had turned into the deepest shade of red who knows when, and I spun on my heel making my way to the exit.
He held onto my wrist, yanking me backwards into him. "You really are unpredictable." I could feel his breath on my cheeks. His embrace feeling...warm? I struggled a bit, mostly because of embarrassment, but I hoped he wouldn't let go. And he didn't.

I awoke feeling awkward. The penthouse looked very different from how it normally did. Izaya wasn't beside me. In fact he was at his desk laughing loudly.
I got off the bed and put on my clothes.
"Are you okay?" I asked interrupting him.
He spun around in his chair. "Oh, Y/N-chan, you're finally awake. Did you sleep well?"
"I guess I slept okay," I replied avoiding eye contact. I couldn't look at him. I kept getting images of last night.
"You seem a bit red," then he smirked. "Were you thinking about last ni—"
"I wasn't thinking about anything!" I quickly interrupted.
He smiled at her mischievously. "Well go home then, and get changed. I'll take you out for breakfast."
I was speechless. What had happened last night that had caused him to change so much?
He took me to a small cafe, and for once I was in a place where we would be unlikely to bump into anyone else.
He sat opposite me, leaning his head on his palm. He wore a mischievous grin and was softly humming.
"Why are you looking at me?" I bluntly asked.
"Hm? No reason~" he glanced at a waitress who had been observing him cautiously.
"Do you know her?" I asked glancing at her too.
"A former client," he replied. He turned his attention back to me. "Why, are you getting jealous?"
I gave him a blank expression. "Of course not."
"Sure~"
"Why did you go out of your way to bring me here?"
"I have a deal for you."
I narrowed my eyes. "What kind of deal?"
"Marry me."
I stared at his face, searching for even a hint of humour but I found nothing beyond that vague grin of his. "I don't like jokes like this."
"I'm not joking."
"Why would you want to marry me?"
"You seem like a reasonable person to marry."
I stared at him blankly. "I think I'll leave. Propose to me when you think of a better reason."
"Wait!" He reached out yanking my arm backwards. I spun around and glared at him to which he held up his arms in surrender. I stormed off.
"You really are unpredictable..." I heard him say as the door closed behind me.
I wasn't sure what to think. What had brought this on? Last night? What did that even mean? He was acting weird. Maybe he really did like me but was having trouble expressing himself? I sighed. Why was I making excuses for him? It was probably part of some greater plan. Well, I didn't want to be a pawn anymore.
I took my phone out and called Izaya immediately.
"Y/N-chan, missing me so soon?~"
"Izaya I need to say something to you," I said firmly.
There was a pause. "Turn around."
"Huh?" He was right behind me. "How'd you know where I was?"
"You've barely walked past the cafe." He was right.
Flushed, I cleared my throat. "I have something I want to say to you."
He wore that stupid smirk. "Oh? You're giving me an answer already?"
"I want to break up with you!"
He seemed surprised. Then he started laughing. "Really, I did not expect this!" He laughed some more then stood up straight. "The fact of the matter is, you will say yes. Maybe not now. But you will."
I was speechless.  "What the—"
He sighed, interrupting me. "Well then Y/N-chan. You're probably tired, get some rest, I'll see you tomorrow." He winked and skipped away, humming.
I stood still for a moment. Then I groaned throwing my purse on the ground.
"Damn you Izaya!" I yelled, passerby's, strangely enough, giving me sympathetic looks. There was no way in hell I was going to marry this man. It would hurt my ego far too much. This man only saw me as a simple chess piece in that weird game of mixed chess that he played, who had no value for my feelings. He didn't deserve me. But what he did deserve was a taste of his own medicine. Almost like I was possessed by Izaya, I let out a laugh, a devilish grin on my face. I was going to show Izaya firsthand what it's like to have your feelings played with.
************************************************
Hi :)  I hope you like it. I feel like I've evolved as a person and and am feeling a lot more girl power.  Y/N deserves to get some revenge >:)