Chapter 2: Finding Izaya

Bzzt. Bzzt.

My alarm clock woke me up for the fifth time. I looked at the time. It was 1:00 pm. Yeah, I was never a morning person. I got out of bed and brushed my teeth. As I started to walk to the fridge I remembered that I did not have any food. After deciding to go out for lunch, I went and got dressed. I wore a yellow sundress and tan pumps. I brushed my hair and let it out and put some eyeliner and lipgloss on. I picked up my tan satchel and shoved my wallet, phone and lipgloss in it and left the apartment. I walked down to Russia Sushi and sat at a futatsu table.

"What Sushi?" The man, Simon, asked.

"Whatever's the most popular," I replied with a smile and he nodded his head. "Hey, Simon," I said and he turned around. "Who is Izaya?"

His face turned a little grumpy and just as he was about to talk, he was interupted.

"Simon! We want the usual!" It was Kida, Mikado and Anri. They walked in and spotted me.

"Oh, Y/N-San," Mikado said.

"Hello," I replied.

"Can we join you?" Kida said with a friendly smile. The three of them were wearing their school uniforms.

"Yeah, sure," I replied moving my bag closer to my side as Kida took his place next to me and Anri sat in front of me. Soon we started talking and I told them that I had come to Ikebukuro to find work and Kida had put his arm on my shoulder. "That reminds me, yesterday I bumped into someone. His name was Izaya." Suddenly Kida moved away with a frown and Mikado looked at him.

"What about him?" Kida asked with a slightly forced smile.

"You know him?!" I asked moving closer to him with stars in my eyes.

"W-well yes, but I don't recommend hanging around him. He's bad news," Kida said.

"Why what did he do?" I asked moving back to my spot.

"Well, he's an information broker, and he is well known for his bad reputation," Kida replied.

"Oh, okay. Do you have his contact details?" I asked.

"Here!" Mikado said holding out a bent card with Izaya Orihara's address and number on it.

"Hey Mikado, why do you have it?" Kida asked worried as I got up to leave.

"Well, guys I'll be on my way," I said getting up. "Bye!"

The three of them said their farewells. I paid for my sushi and left to find Izaya.

It was a huge office and I was let in by a woman called Namie.

"Izaya will be here shortly, would you like anything?" Namie asked.

"No thank you," I replied.

A few moments later, my beloved Izaya entered the room with an amused smile on his face.

"Hello, how can I help you, Y/N -chan?" He asked. He knew my name. HE KNEW MY FLIPPIN NAME!

He looked at me expectantly. I didn't know what to say so I stated whatever came to my mind first. "Do you know about my parents?" I asked.

"Of course I do! But I'd like my fee first!"
I pulled out my wallet and put all the cash I had in my wallet on the table.
"
Well, your parents were quite the troublemakers weren't they?" He said cheerily glancing at his computer. "They were part of some rising gang, which was a pretty active at the time. In fact your father was their leaders right hand man until a few years after you were born, and they left the gang which fell apart," he said.

"Thank you," I said with a nod. I already kind of had an idea that that was it. There had been hints to it throughout my childhood. "Is that all you're going to tell me?"

"Well, with this kind of money that's all I can tell you. Say, who told you about me?" He asked curiously.

"Well I asked around and someone gave me your card," I said.

"How do you know me?" He asked. Namie glanced my way curiously as she sipped her coffee.

"Well, you saved me from a flying vending machine, and I became interested..." I said blushing furiously.

Namie sprayed out her coffee and stared at me in disbelief. Izaya's face was surprised for a second then quickly changed into a smirk. "I'm sorry, you're not my type," he said with a shrug.

"What is your type?" I asked a little depressed.

"Who knows?" He said with a smirk that spelt sadism all over it.

A little depressed, I went home. I threw my satchel on an armchair and fell onto my bed. I heard neighing and remembered that I needed to go see the people who lived above me. I got up and put my hair up. The apartment was similar to mine. I rung the doorbell.

"Coming!" A cheerful male voice called from behind the door. The door opened and a man wearing glasses and a lab coat appeared. "Oh hello!"

"Hi," I replied. "I just moved to I Ikebukuro and live below you guys."

"Oh! Come in!" He said letting me in. He led me to living room. Someone was seated on the sofa. She had no head.

'Who is it?' She asked writing on her phone.

"Oh, my name is Y/N. It's nice to meet you," I said politely.

'My name is Celty, it's nice to meet you too."

"My name is Shinra Kishitani, it's great to see you," he said with liveliness.

"I need to get going now, I just came to say hi! Oh and do you know any cheap supermarkets?" I said with a smile.

'There's a cheap supermarket down the road."

"Oh thank you!"

"If you ever need anything don't hesitate to come here!" Shinra said with a smile.

"Of course!"

I went out my apartment and started looking for the supermarket Celty was talking about. I finally saw it and as I entered someone called out to me.

"Y/N!"

I turned around and saw Namie walking towards me.

"Oh hello," I said politely.

"Can I talk to you?" She asked.

"Sure," I said with a smile.

"Come, I'll buy you sushi," she said.

We sat at Russia Sushi. After ordering I finally spoke.

"What did you want to talk about?" I asked.

"Well is what you said at the office true?" She asked with a hint of amusement.

I blushed deeply. "Yes..." I said quietly.

"No way! How did you come to like him?" She leaned forward.

"Well, he saved me from a flying vending machine. It was kind of love at first sight," I said shyly.

"I see," she said holding back laughter. "I can't believe there's someone in this world that likes Izaya Orihara."

"WHAT?!"

The two Otaku's yesterday, Erika and Walker, and a man with a beanie and another man with shoulder length blonde hair were peaking in from behind a wall. At that point Simon and the chef were also looking at us and Shizuo who had also just entered was glaring at me.

I glared at Namie who looked at me apologetically with a hand on her mouth.

"Is this true?" Erika said surprised.

I put my head against the futatsu and started ruffling my hair in frustration. "This is so embarrassing!" I said covering my face with my hands.

**************************************************************************************************