Chapter 7: A Listless Feeling

Izaya didn't do anything. He held me there a moment as if he wanted to do something, but he didn't. Instead he just stared at me hesitantly. Suddenly he moved away, a smirk tugging on his lips, but not in the way it usually did.
"Izaya I—"
But he wasn't listening. He began humming and sat down at his chair spinning it around so he wasn't facing me.
With a huff, I spun on my heel and grabbed my coat. "I'm leaving," I said before stomping out the office.
How could he play with me like that? How could he play with anyone like that? What had I seen in him that wasn't working for me now? And why was he acting so weird. His smirk wasn't the playful smirk it normally was. What the hell was he thinking? I made my way up to the apartment. I waved at Shinra, passing him at the stairs.
"Wait, Y/N-san!" he said stopping me. I spun around to face him. "Is it true?"
I didn't even need to ask what he was talking about. "Yes, we're official," I said looking down.
"You don't look too happy about it."
"I am. I'm just really tired today."
He nodded. "Well, see you later. Celty wanted to give you something but she's out right now."
I nodded. "I'll catch up with her later. Bye."
I went into my apartment and fell onto the sofa, feeling too unbothered to move.
It stayed like that for an entire day, the only time I moved was when I got up to grab snacks. I got a call too, from Namie. I told her I wasn't coming into work.
I lay on the sofa, TV on, watching a variety show that I wasn't very interested in. There was a knock on the door. I groaned and rolled off the sofa. I opened the door slightly.
It was Celty and she held a box in her hand.
Y/N san, you don't look so good.
"Yeah I took a day off, I was feeling sick."
Oh I see, if you want, I can ask Shinra to take a look.
"No, I'm just gonna rest, hopefully it gets better by tomorrow."
Hopefully. Well I brought you something as a housewarming gift. I know it's late.
She held out the box.
"No that's so thoughtful," I took the box and took off the lid. It was a large candle with a beautiful magnolia aroma. "Oh my goodness it smells so good. Thank you."
I'm glad you like it. If you need anything else, don't hesitate to contact us, and Shinra is home today so if you feel unwell, please visit him.
"Thank you, and I will."
With that she was gone and I was alone again. That meant it was time to flop back onto the sofa. Nothing to do. And almost instantly there was another knock on the door. With an even louder groan I rolled off. I opened the door. But this time there was no one. Instead there was a basket of roses sitting on her doormat. She picked it up and noticed a note.
Come to the office in your best clothes. Consider it a date. See you at 7 -Yours Truly, Izaya
I gasped. I couldn't help it. Why was he being so cheesy, what the hell? I closed the door and took a sniff of the roses. They reminded me of the roses in my dream and I instantly blushed. Placing them on the kitchen counter I sat down at the sofa. I didn't feel like being lazy anymore. I sat a while, processing what was happening. Was he actually planning to act normal? There must be something going on. He couldn't possibly actually miss me. Without even realising it, I had gotten up and began going through my clothes. Wear my best? How fancy was he planning to make a date in the office?

It was 7 and I stood outside his office before knocking and entering. I had surprised myself in dressing up, as I really did end up wearing my nicest dress. The room was dark, lit by candles. There was a table lit up by candles and carefully folded napkins. Unexpectedly, it looked romantic. I looked around and saw a figure standing by a window. He wore a dress shirt tucked into black pants, and stylish dress shoes.
He looked me up and down grinning. "You really did wear your best."
I cleared my throat, feeling a rush of red into my cheeks.
He made his way over, taking my hand, leading me to the table. I took a seat. He sat down opposite me.
"You know, Y/N-chan, I wasn't exactly sure whether you'd come," he said snapping his fingers as a man came out with a trolley with two plates and a bottle of expensive wine.
"You always know what everyone's going to do. Of course you knew I was coming."
The server placed a plate in front of each of us and filled our glasses before leaving.
He shrugged, "Believe what you will, but your perspective changes so often it's hard for me to make a solid conclusion."
We made a good five seconds of eye contact before I looked away.
"I can't read you either. I don't think anyone can. I hoped to understand you, but I realise there's nothing for me to hope for. You're too distant for me to understand."
He paused observing me as I ate.
"You've been thinking a lot haven't you, Y/N-chan~" he teased.
I rolled my eyes. He was never going to take me seriously. What was the point of all of this? I stood up, grabbing my bag. He stood up as well making his way to me.
"Wait, Y/N-chan," he said slightly more seriously.
I spun on my heel to face him, which wasn't a good idea considering I was wearing heeled shoes, and lost my balance. As I did, I yelped and instinctively reached for him pulling him down with me. Luckily we only fell onto the sofa. Unluckily, I fell on top of him. He looked at me wide eyed and amused. The sight of it made me mad and I did what he was too afraid to do earlier. It would be an understatement to say he was surprised.
********************************************************************
How's that for a regular upload? Also probably gonna wrap the story up soon, I feel there's not too much for me to add. I know it's a short one but if you want more, you gotta let me know :) thanks for reading!