How To Annoy A Puppet Master

Ari's POV

"Make me a puppet!"

"What?" Kankuro asked. 

He'd brought us downstairs after Gaara made it clear we weren't invited to the party. Why Scarlette was, I have no idea. It seems unfair that she'd get to chat with Gaara of the Desert and my favorite Kunoichi in the entire anime world. But maybe I can understand. 

Ok, not really. I don't get it, even now.

Kankuro was currently lounging on the couch, his eyes closed against the overwhelming situation he'd been put in. Babysitting, as he put it. I knew all too well how much Kankuro disliked kids. That trait didn't change throughout the whole series, or as far as I'd gotten anyway. But I didn't see how he considered sitting with us in what I assumed was their living room babysitting. If I was right, he was fifteen at the time. We were fourteen. What difference does one year make, I ask you? To most people, it isn't an issue. To Kankuro, it was a an experience he'd rather do without.

"I said, turn me into a puppet," I said slowly, leaning down to look him in the eye, though with his closed the effect was greatly reduced. He cracked open one eye, took in how close we were, and shoved me away by pressing against my forehead. 

"No," he said flatly, scowling at me.

I crossed my arms over what Violet described as my "non-existent" chest and leveled a a glare at him. "Why not?" I whined. The pitiful noise that escaped my lips very much ruined whatever effect my glare had on him, though I wasn't ashamed of it.

He narrowed his eyes, linking his hands behind his head. "Why should I?" he shot back. "It's a stupid idea. And how do you even know I use puppets?"

"You have those kinds of fingers," I responded with a shrug, mentally berating myself for almost blowing our cover. Out of all the fanfics I'd read (and that was a lot at this point in my life) the ones I'd liked the best were those that had the OC just pretend like they were meant to be in the Naruto world, instead of trying to explain about the different universe or whatever. I was just hoping Violet and Scarlette agreed with me.

Speaking of Violet, she was walking around the living room, making awed faces at everything she saw. I also noticed that she kept lifting a hand to study it. I knew immediately why. We were anime, in every sense of the word. We looked how the Naruto characters did on TV. Thankfully, like this, my blue-violet hair didn't stand out nearly as much.

Kankuro, in response to my answer, flexed his fingers experimentally in front of his face. I laughed at that, then quickly slapped a hand over my mouth when he glared intensely at me. Pft, his glare had nothing on Gaara's, and that didn't effect me in the least. Fool was gonna have to try harder.

"And you should turn me into a puppet with chakra strings because it'll be fun!" I said, grabbing for his hand with both of my own. He instantly attempted to shake me off, but I had an iron-like grip and didn't plan on letting go until he agreed to my demands. 

"Fun for who?" he muttered, once again tugging, in vain, at his trapped hand. "Both of us!" I chirped, roughly pulling him to his feet while keeping my hold on his hand. 

"You're annoying me, brat!" he said lowly, baring his teeth in a snarl. I cocked an eyebrow, titling my head to the side. Did he think he was scary?

"You sound like Scarlette!" I pouted, dropping his hand. He quickly wiped it on the leg of his jumpsuit, his eyes narrowing in curiosity.

"Strict sister?" he asked. I nodded dejectedly, and Violet popped up beside me, adding, "She's thinks we're insane! And outta control!"