Are We Interrupting?

Scarlette's POV

I had finally gone insane.

What prompted me to follow my sisters on quite possibly the most ridiculous escapade in the known universe? Simply put, I had gone the way of the Mad Hatter. 

"I hate you both," I hissed quietly, careful to keep my voice from breaking through the thin tiles that made up the ground I was crawling over. Ari looked over her shoulder at me, smirking ever so slightly. "You know you love us," was all she said as an excuse.

Why was I angry?

I'd been stupid enough to allow Violet and Ari to talk me into letting us see the preliminary rounds of the Chunin Exams before we left the forest. It had taken us all five of our remaining days to reach the Tower in the middle of the forest, and we (miraculously) snuck in without detection. Well, considering Orochimaru entered so easily, perhaps Konoha had security issues on more than one front.

It had taken a colossal amount of effort for me to keep Ari and Violet from going to the aid of Sasuke, Naruto and Sakura while they fought with the snake man himself. I had reasoned with them, saying that we were not supposed to mess with the storyline. In the end, we discovered that we would have been too late no matter what we decided, for we passed Sakura guarding the two boys in her hollow tree not two minutes after our lengthy discussion. I had wondered, out loud, what they thought of Suki now that she was "missing".

And that evolved into an infuriating conversation regarding Suki's status among the Leaf Ninja. The three of us together could not come up with any reason why she should have been given the attention she held from the males (and females) of the Village. There was no logical reason behind it. She was rude, clingly, a whore (in Ari's and my opinion) and dressed the part. The only thing that was offered was "Maybe they just like her looks." That came from Violet, and we ended up agreeing with it. They Village was under the spell of her beauty.

Of course, we only say she was beautiful because that's how everyone else saw her. In our minds, we saw her clearly for what she was: Ugly.

I must say, I can't believe the three of had been so infatuated by that fanfic before coming here. How poorly written it must have been, to have a character such as Suki become so popular. 

But my anger over that had drained away days ago.

Currently, the three of us were up above what I thought was the room where the prelims were being carried out. Surprisingly enough, the space above the room was hollow, as one would expect an attic to be. I had no idea why, nor did I care much at this point. 

"EEK!!" 

I jumped back in alarm, having been so lost in thought it was a start to hear Violet's scream, muffled though it was. "What is it?!" I whispered, crawling up beside her. And that's when I saw it.

A tiny little spider.

I sighed in exasperation and only continued to crawl after Ari, who'd had the good sense not to turn back. Violet giggled nervously and hurried to catch up. There was silence for a good while. 

 Then, a certain high-pitched male voice erupted from below us, shouting something I had difficulty making out, what with it being so distorted from the barrier between us. But it was unmistakably Naruto Uzumaki, Number One Hyperactive Knuckle-Head Ninja of the Leaf. 

I wondered how late in the preliminaries we were. Naruto voiced his opinions frequently, and cheered and jeered just as often. From his voice alone, it was impossible to tell who was doing the fighting. 

Again lost in thought, my wanderings came to an abrupt halt when I collided with Ari's back. She muttered a curse at my incompetence (something I took great offense to) but offered no other reaction. Curious, I, along with Violet, crept up so that we had passed her and turned back to look at what she was so captured by.