Homicidal Man-Children Make Me Hate Humanity

Ari's POV

The situation had really gotten out of hand. And I don't mean that in a party rocker sort of way.

I'd almost pissed myself about five times since Obito came outta nowhere and decided to literally shred my world to ribbons. 

It hadn't taken more than a few seconds for the man-child bastard to subdue both my family and my pride (which took the brunt of the damage, in my oh-so-humble opinion) and now, here we were, strung together like burnt-out Christmas lights, wrists bound behind our backs, chakra-sealing cuffs biting into our raw wrists. The same cuffs were around our ankles, the attached chains stretched nearly taut, locked around trees diagonal from us, forming a creepy Satanic circle complete with kanji drawn around us in what was probably Obito's tainted blood.

Vi's shoulder was digging into my back; Scar's hair tickled the base of my throat. And I couldn't do shit.

The man of the hour (by which I mean the man I wanted to stab repeatedly while simultaneously tearing out his trippy Sharingan eyes) was lounging above us on a low tree branch, legs stretched out before him, hands linked behind his head, mask discarded somewhere in the bushes below him. He dangled a bloody kunai from his equally bloody hand, though as we (mostly me and Vi since Scar was still out of it) watched, the deep slits in his palm closed, the skin grafting together as sparkly green chakra laced over them.

I wiggled a bit, trying - and, ya know, failing - to position myself more comfortably. I wasn't even bothering to escape, cause that was a ship that was never sailing. Pretty much anchored in the harbor for all eternity and then some. Anyway, after I realized my quest for common courtesy (i.e. making your guests feel all warm and fuzzy inside) was all for nought, I scowled in the general direction of Satan himself (I couldn't force myself to meet his eyes - I didn't wanna fall under any Genjutsus anytime soon).

"Well?" I demanded, the growl vibrating thickly in the back of my throat like that feral dog Scar wouldn't let me take home. "You gonna do something bastard? Or are you just gonna sit their trying to seduce the squirrels?"

And this is when I found out that, despite being basically comatose for this entire little episode, Scar was very much awake, because she somehow managed to jab her elbow into my spine and make me so incredibly uncomfortable you just have no idea. "You. Are. An. Idiot," she hissed, voice ragged, scratchy, like she had a cold.

Or she'd, ya know, almost died less than a half hour ago.

Obito had sorta healed her when he caught us, enough that she wasn't in any immediate danger of dying. I'm guessing he did just because he couldn't have any of us kicking the bucket before his creepy little ritual.

"I know that!" I seethed, uselessly kicking my heels into the soft, mist-soaked dirt that was ruining our clothes. The rattling of my chain brought back bad memories. The first time I saw those bloody eyes, the claws that gripped my heart, hearing how we'd be the ones to kill Gaara in the end. I swallowed my growing hysteria as best I could. "I know that," I repeated, softer, an inkling of fragility sneaking into my voice.

I was an idiot. A moron. An imbecile. Gullible, naive, desperately in need of a life coach. Just plain stupid. I'd thought this would be an epic adventure of awesome Ninjaness. And for a while, it was. But I'd forgotten about the dangers that came with the new territory, all the nasty things I hadn't let myself think about. 

Bloody brawls.

Betrayal.

Death. Oh God, death. I'd been brutally reminded of that one when the Kazekage died. It hit me harder than I thought it would, made me feel crushed, broken, beaten down and worthless. I wasn't a hero; I'd known that since day one. I couldn't change things, not things that I wanted to change, anyway. Ever since we'd arrived here, in this world of our dreams, we'd done nothing but cause trouble. For the Leaf, for Suna, for Gaara and his siblings.