Konoha: A Very Bad Idea

Violet's POV

We were going to the Leaf Village! EEEP! I was so excited, as were my sisters. Alright, Scarlette didn't act nearly as excited as Ari and I did, but we knew she was just playing cool so that she could impress Gaara.

As much as I couldn't wait to see Rock Lee, there was another reason going to Konoha made me so happy.

We were leaving the Kazekage behind. He would come later, for the final round of the Chunin Exams. Which we couldn't participate in...

Sad face...

Scarlette seemed relieved that we weren't going to be in the Exams, and I couldn't understand whyyyyy!

"Vi," she sighed, pulling the strings on her pack and jerking it closed. "We've been Ninja for only a few weeks. And as good as you are, you couldn't take on another Shinobi who's been training all his or her life, alright? Now finish packing, or Kankuro will probably leave us behind." She shifted the pack onto her shoulder and headed out the door. Ari, who was sitting on her bed, swinging her legs as she thought, suddenly looked up when she heard Scar leave.

"Unfair!" I muttered, crossing my arms under my chest as I flopped back onto my own bed. Our room was large enough to accomodate the three of us easily, which made Scar think it wasn't originally a bedroom. We only really had a dresser, which we were forced to share, and the three beds. Ari's and Scars were shoved against a wall, each having a window hanging over them, and I was pushed to the other side of the room, next to the door.

"I don't like it either, but she's right," Ari said, causing me to jolt upright with wide eyes. I was expecting her to agree with me!

"Don't give me that look!" she protested, throwing a hand over her eyes and waving the other in my direction. "I said I didn't like it either! Man, stop with the lost puppy look, please!"

I brightened instantly and hopped my bed to finish packing. We only could bring clothes and weapons, with the exception of Scarlette, who could bring bandages for her arms. I happily zipped up my backpack and, seeing Ari had finished as well, grabbed her hand and bolted from the room.

Only to run smack-dab into Gaara.... or his sand, I guess.

I spat out the gritty substance, nearly choking on how awful it tasted. Ari pounded my back when I started coughing, helping to clear up my throat.

"Sorry, Gaara!" I chirped, waving cutely at him. His blinked a few times, then narrowed his eyes to slits. Scarlette told me and Ari that he acted weird around us because we were the only ones who didn't treat him different. We just didn't hug him. His sand wouldn't let us!

"C'mon, Ari!" I giggled, tugging her past a bewildered Gaara and down the stairs. We rushed out the door and spotted Kankuro and Temari talking with Scar. "Hey guys!" I called out, sprinting up to them with Ari in tow. Scar looked over her shoulder at us, eyes narrowing as we drew closer.

"What's wrong?" I asked, tilting my head to the side. She looked into my eyes, then down at my shirt. I looked too, and saw it was speckled with grains of sand. I giggled again. "Oh, we ran into Gaara! Literally!"

"Didn't kill us again!" Ari added, helping me brush the sand off my top. Scar cocked an eyebrow, then shook her head and motioned for us to follow as she trekked after the Sand Siblings. I was just about to ask if we were going to wait for Gaara, when he appeared in a swirl of sand, walking beside Scarlette. I saw her tense slightly, but she didn't say anything about it.

Scarlette's POV

For some reason, whenever we went anywhere with all three of the Siblings, Gaara chose to walk around me.

I guessed it had something to do with the fact that Ari and Vi were constantly trying to glomp him, only to be pushed away by his sand. They weren't afraid of him in the least.

I understood how much that had to unsettle him. For possibly the first time in his thirteen years (I originally assumed he was only twelve at the oldest, but Temari informed me otherwise when the subject unexpectedly came up), Gaara had people who didn't cringe and cower at his mere presence.

Though he still chilled my heart with fear whenever he was in close proximity to me, I was glad he could experience something as normal as kindness for once.

As we walked, away from Suna and the desert we'd grown accustomed to over the weeks, a thought struck me.

I tugged at Ari's jacket and she lurched closer to me, enough that I could speak quietly to her without being noticed.

"Ari," I began sternly, calling up my inner "mother" to deal with the problem.

"Yeah, yeah," she said, cutting off any further remarks. I blinked. She grinned slyly at me, and that look did not instill much confidence in me that my sister was being serious. "I get it. You want me and Vi to act 'normal' in the Village right?"

"No," I said, startling her. "There is no way the pair of you could ever resemble normal, so I won't ask that of you. What I was going to say is that I don't want you ruining the plot by saying anything about the Chunin Exams, alright? I'll have to tell Vi not to mention Gaara to Lee..." I added, more to myself than to Ari.

She nodded after a moment, offering me a reassuring smile. "Vi and I don't want to ruin the plot either," she told me. "And since we aren't in the Exams, there's no way we'll see what happens to Lee. Vi said she'll be cool if we don't see it happen in real life."

"I wouldn't exactly call this 'real'."

"But we're living it, Scar. What would YOU call it?"

"A very pleasant dream I don't particularly want to wake from any time soon."

Another grin spread across Ari's pretty face, lighting up her amber eyes. "Yeah, alright, that works too." She paused a moment. "What do you think even happened?" she asked, dropping her voice to an unconscious whisper.

I started, partly because in all the time we'd been here, this was a topic that had, until now, never come up. I thought it about at night sometimes when I couldn't sleep, but I never voiced my thoughts to Ari and Vi. The only thing we knew was that Tobi, a masked member of the Alatsuki, had somehow dragged us from our world into Naruto's.

"I think the more important question is WHY," I said, narrowing my eyes in thought. "We're triplets from another world, with absolutely nothing even remotely valuable about us. What purpose would Tobi have for bringing us here?" I sighed, letting out a breath that lifted some of the tightness from my chest. I'll be perfectly honest: The idea that Tobi brought us here for a reason worried me. Every time I thought about what it could mean... I lost another night of sleep.

"Maybe he wanted Vi's singing voice."

"What?" I asked, snapping my head up to give Ari an incredulous look. Vi quite possibly had one of the worst singing voices in existence. Why would Tobi...?

That was when I heard the familiar voice of Selena Gomez, singing Tell Me Something I Don't Know. I looked from Ari, whose face was red from trying to conceal her ripping laughter, to Vi.

She was dancing ahead of us, twirling around and flowing in semi-graceful steps while her lips moved in sync with Selena's.

Her iPod.

None of us had used them in the past several weeks, finding we had no time to enjoy them. We only occasionally turned them on to either check the time (which we had set to this world's) or use as a flashlight in the dead of night.

The fact that Vi was using hers to impress the Sand Siblings... It was physically impossible to hold back my roaring laughter. And Ari broke soon after, dropping down and rolling on the ground while she complained about split sides.

Vi, her song finished, giggled and subtly moved a hand to the back of her skirt, fumbling with the iPod tucked into her waistband to turn it off. For a brief moment, Carrie Underwood sang out Blown Away, but then Vi paused the song. She giggled again, playing off the random outburst as Ari crying out in her fit.

I leaned against Ari, who had since straightened into a sitting position, sliding down to the ground with my back pressed to hers. The sand was warm beneath my wandering fingers, and I dug my hands under the grains in an effort to help me calm myself down. Vi "singing" was funny, but not enough to induce such a reaction from me. What brought out the hysterical laughter was seeing the Sand Sibling's faces as they reacted to my sister.

Kankuro had a gaping mouth and bug eyes, and he looked quite close to passing out.

Temari was on the ground. She'd fallen over in shock from hearing my "sister's" voice.

Gaara had a twitching eye, meaning he was very much irritated at our actions. But there was undeniable amusement in his eyes. It was undeveloped, raw and hard to see. But it was there, and it made me smile so wide, I rivaled Ari for the first time in my life.

Ari's POV

It took three days to reach the Village Hidden in the Leaves. I was dead tired by the time we'd arrived, and Scarlette had actually passed out a while ago. Temari told me she'd been up at night, working on her training, because she couldn't sleep. I frowned when she told me. I hadn't realized Scar's insomnia had come back. She'd had it when we were younger, because she was dealing with both our parents running away to Europe and leaving us with our Uncle and Aunt. The stress of readjusting to this world must have been getting her.

Surprisingly, I think Gaara was about to offer to carry her with his sand, but Kankuro beat him to it. He slung my sister of his shoulder with ease and just kept walking, making sure she didn't collide with Crow or end up in an uncomfortable position.

Temari told me that she and her brothers would go to the Hokage's mansion in the center of town to announce our arrival and get the necessary credentials for us to be in the Village. She said that Vi and I should just go around and survey the place, and that she'd make sure Scar made it to the hotel alright.

Alright, I know what you're thinking.

Where's Baki?

Ha! No that's not it, I'm just kidding. But if you were wondering, for some reason he couldn't come with us the day we left, so he'd be in the Village a day or two after we arrived. None of us minded. Baki wasn't exactly high on our list of favorite characters. He kills Hayate for Kami's sake!

Oh did that just ruin the plot for you? Er, my bad.

Anyway, you were probably wondering how Vi and I were going to deal with being left alone in Konoha, home of our obsessions-- I mean, fictional crushes. Well, I'm proud to say we handled it very maturely.

Pft! Did you guys believe me?! HA! Like Vi and I could ever be "mature"!

"You thinking what I'm thinking?!" I asked Vi the moment Kankuro and the others had disappeared around a corner.

"We need to find out where Lee gets his hair done..." Vi replied dreamily, little hearts floating around her head.

"Er, no," I said flatly, cutting the hearts down with a kunai. Vi's shoulders slumped as she stared at the decimated remains of the puffy pink heart held in her hands. I slapped the remnants away, and grabbed her face in both hands before she could give me a childish protest.

"Two words, Vi," I said, staring into her eyes intently. "Ichiraku. Ramen."

Her eyes lit up and she giggled excitedly, bobbing her head in agreement. I grinned and took hold of her hand before sprinting down the street, weaving in and out of midmorning foot traffic.

All the while, Vi was giggling, chirping about how much she couldn't wait to meet Lee-kun and such. I sighed more than once, not at all understanding her love for him. I mean, I liked the guy, don't get me wrong. But seriously, for once in my life I was with Sakura. Those eyebrows... They made me shudder just thinking about them.

When the familiar hanging signs came into view, I thought my heart was going to explode from pure joy. I dragged Vi in after me, ducking beneath the tell-tale signs. We crashed into a pair of stools, but I didn't mind much. And from the smile filling Vi's face, she didn't either.

Oh shit! I couldn't remember the old guy's name! I'd made myself memorize it but I guess being that excited messed with your mind. And being clinically insane at times didn't help much in the type of situation.

"Oh! More customers!" he said when he appeared behind the counter. He smiled warmly as he looked at us, while I was busy processing what he'd said. More customers? As in, we weren't the only ones? Huh.

I looked to the three available seats beside our occupied ones and almost had a heart attack. Sitting to my left was.... was... Team Kurenai.

Shino Aburame.

Hinata Hyuga.

And Kiba Inuzuka, along with his Ninken, Akamaru.

He looked up from his bowl of ramen to give me a curious stare. I was sitting less than a foot away from him. My heart hammered in my chest, pounding in my ears.

Oh my effing Kami.

Kiba slurped up his chopstick-ful of ramen and turned to face me. Akamaru, situated comfortably inside his bulky gray, fur lined jacket, yipped a greeting.

"I've never seen you around here before," Kiba said with his canine grin, flashing his pointed teeth. "You new to Konoha?"

I am not ashamed to say I fainted, fell off my stool, and crashed into the dirt.

I am, however, ashamed to say I was drooling while unconscious. I was dreaming of Kiba, though, so you really can't blame me.