Remember Me

Camila was dragged to yet another concert by her best friend, Lauren. She rolls her eyes at her overexcited friend who's jumping across the room with several outfits in her hand.

"Camila! Get excited! It's Shawn Mendes! You're lucky I chose you because I love you," she narrows her eyes.

Camila crosses her legs on Lauren's bed and scrolls through her phone.

"I don't even know who Shawn Mendes is," she says carelessly.

"What do you mean? He's all over the radio! Honestly, he has the most amazing voice," she gushes.

"Now which one?" She holds two outfits.

-

They finally arrive at the concert and lines of fangirls are screaming. Camila sighs and checks her Instagram feed. Lauren got them front row seats. Suddenly the lights dim.

"Mila! He's coming!" Lauren jumps.

The screaming gets louder, and Camila resists the urge to choke the girls behind her.

"Hello Miami!" Shawn screams as the spotlight shines on him.

'He looks familiar. Maybe it's because he's famous,' she thinks.

He starts his first song and everyone's singing along except for her.

Towards the end of the concert he makes eye contact with her and almost stops mid song. His eyes widen and she gives him a curious look. Suddenly she sees it. She could recognize those eyes any day.

The scrawny middle school boy with his popular friends who used to tease her for her bookish ways. The one who made her confused. Sometimes he was nice to her and sometimes she just wanted to punch him and ruin his pretty face. Feelings started to develop. Then he dated her best friend and it all went down from there. He left after middle school.

Camila's head started to spin. So she did the only thing she knew. Run. Straight through the arena's doors. She trips over her own feet and falls onto the hard concrete. She's crying over her middle school crush and she feels pathetic.

"Camila!" She hears him scream. He collapses onto his knees next to her. He gathers her into his arms.

"I'm sorry," he murmurs over and over again into her ear.

Shawn gently rubs her arms as she continues to sob.

"You broke my heart," she cries," and here you come, messing with me again."

"Please, Mila, forgive me. I just miss you so much. I thought I would never see you again," he kisses her head. "You've been on my mind all these years."

"No, I can't. I don't want this again," she tries to pull out of his arms.

"Mila, I love you."

"You can't love me! You never did! You haven't seen me in four years!"

"All the teasing was because I liked you! I was trying to get your attention. That's why I dated Hailee. It was a mistake."

"I can't trust you. Shawn, just let me go."

Shawn examines her scraped knees and hands.

"Well, let's get you cleaned up first," he sighs and lifts her up. He walks backstage to one of the dressing rooms. The fans are cheering his name.

"I'll be fine, Shawn. You should go out there. The fans have waited long enough," Camila says softly.

"I would sacrifice all the time for you. I've missed you," he says and rubs a cotton ball with alcohol on her knees. She hisses and he kisses her thigh.

"You can't do this to me again, Shawn. I'm not falling for you again. You can't use your charm," she denies.

"Give me a second chance, Mila. I love you."

"I can't, Shawn. We wouldn't even be able to maintain a relationship."

"You know, Camila, you were beautiful back then, but now your like a goddess. This may sound cliché, but after traveling all over the world, you're still the most beautiful girl I've ever seen," he looks into her eyes.

"Stop it. You'll be touring and I'll still be in school. It won't work out."

"We'll talk everyday. I promise. I'll visit you too."

"Would you really?" She asks.

"Yes, I would. You just have to promise to be mine forever. I promise I'll never make a mistake like that ever again. I love you too much," he confesses.

She places bandages on her knees.

"I'll think about it," she says and slides off the counter.

"You promise?"

"Yes, now you better go perform."

She kisses him on the cheek and disappears back into the crowd.

-

"Where were you?" asked Lauren.

"On the phone with my mom," Camila lies.

Lauren shrugs it off and Shawn appears on stage. He sings a few more songs, his eyes never leaving her.

"This last song is dedicated to someone I love very much. I hurt her a long time ago, but I hope she'll be able to forgive me," he says and starts playing 'Never Be Alone.'

He thanks everyone after he finishes and walks offstage. He looks around a few times backstage before sighing. He lost her again.

"Shawn! Wait!"

He spins around and Camila crashes into him. She wraps her arms around his neck. He holds her to him tightly.

"I love you too," she says.

He hugs her tighter and presses his lips to hers. Right then, a fairytale had come true.

---

Hey guys! Hope you like this one. Please give me ideas. I actually find it kind of hard.
VOTE
COMMENT
READ
love, angie