All the Songs I've Written for You

After All These Years

It had been awhile since she last saw him. They were both busy now, caught up in albums and interviews and tours. She hasn't seen him since she left Fifth Harmony which was over a year ago. They texted a lot and tried to get some FaceTime in, but she missed being around him. Sometimes pictures of when they were younger would pop up on her Instagram feed and she would smile, remembering his bright smile and teasing comments. She misses the way he would hold her close to him and laugh at something stupid she had said just to see him smile.

Camila checks herself in the mirror one last time, making sure to smooth out her white sundress and run a hand through her curls. She hears the doorbell ring, and her wedges clank against the marble floor of her house as she makes her way to the door.

He's quite the sight when she finally sees him. Her heart beats rapidly against her chest as his cologne consumes the space between them. His body is toned and he looks a lot stronger than when she last saw him. His hair swoops gently on his forehead. He's turned from a skinny teen into a handsome and beautiful man. Camila wonders what it would be like to be in his arms.

Shawn gives her a soft smile and opens his arms.

"Hi Camila," he says.

She crashes into him, her face buried into his graphic tee, breathing in his scent. He feels like home again. He wraps his strong arms around her small body and presses a kiss to her head.

"I missed you," she murmurs against his chest.

"I missed you, too."

She doesn't ever want him to let go of her. When he finally releases her, Camila fights off the feeling of disappointment in her chest.

"What do you want to do today?" He asks, tucking his hands into his black jeans.

"Coffee like usual?" she asks.

He nods and grins, extending his hand out to her. "Ok, let's go. I think I saw a small coffee shop near here. It looked pretty empty."

She weaves her hand with his larger one and they walk a few minutes to the shop. They don't talk along the way and Shawn rubs circles on the back of her hand. A satisfied smile plays on Camila's lips.

He orders her her favorite latte with almond milk and sets it in front of her. They settle in a little wooden booth in the very back of the shop, away from the eyes of the public. She sidles up next to him and he hooks an arm around her shoulders. She closes her eyes for a few moments, relishing in the smell of coffee and Shawn. All her anxiety from the past few months seem to melt away because he's here.

"What have you been up to?" he asks, lacing their fingers together.

"Writing the new album, of course. I'm so excited for you to hear it," she smiles at the thought of all the songs she's written.

She can see him grinning from the side of her eye.

"I know it's going to be brilliant. Everything you do takes my breath away."

Shit, when did Shawn become so good with his words.

"Thanks, Shawn," she smiles and kisses his cheek.

He blushes and lifts his coffee cup to his lips to hide it. Camila bites back a grin.

-

She doesn't want him to leave, but he has a meeting with Andrew at 5. He walks her up to her porch, and they face each other, the both of them knowing that it will be a little bit until they see each other again. Camila feels the hot tears forming in her eyes. Shawn takes her hand in his and gently caresses her cheek.