Drunk

The first time Shawn got really drunk was when he was 19. Being the good boy he was, he managed to refrain from drinking obsessively in America even though any other typical underage kid would be downing shots like their life depended on it. But this time, they were celebrating his latest single and he'd gotten carried away.

-

Camila gets a text from Brian.

There's a very big package coming your way.

She frowns and sets her phone down to continue baking her midnight cookies.

Thirty minutes later, she hears a loud banging on the door. Who could be knocking on the door at this ungodly hour? Wielding a pan in case she has to knock out the intruder, she hesitantly opens the door. She's about to hit the dark shadow on the head when she realizes it's a very drunk Shawn.

"Camila!" He yells and drapes his whole body on hers.

She drops the pan on the floor and Shawn places a sloppy kiss on her cheek.

"Shawn, why are you so drunk. What did Brian do to you?" She can hardly hold him upright in her arms.

"Brian didn't do anything to me! He just gave me some drinks!" He hiccups.

"Ok ok, let's go to the couch," she says, dragging him through her house.

He sprawls all over the cushions and Camila quickly goes to the kitchen to find some Advil and a glass of water.

"Mila! Come back! I miss you!" She hears him call from the living room.

She grins and shakes her head at the craziness that is a drunk Shawn Mendes. Grabbing everything, she makes her way back to him. He has a sloppy grin and he pulls her body into his, making her squeal and spill some of the water on the floor. He holds her tightly, her back pressed against his chest, and places his head on her shoulder. He presses a soft kiss to her neck and Camila's breath hitches. Shawn's never been this affectionate with her.

"You're so beautiful," he whispers.

Camila wishes he weren't drunk and actually meant what he was saying. Her feelings for him since they were 17 were really manifesting with him being this close to her. She lets herself go for a few seconds and leans back into his touch, reaching up to rake her fingers through his hair as he kisses her shoulder.

"I want you," he kisses her neck again.

Camila jerks out of his arms and Shawn reaches for her again. Her legs hit the coffee table as she steps away from him. She doesn't want to be his one night stand as much as she wants him too.

"I'm going to get you some cookies," she says and rushes into the kitchen.

Bringing back a plate of chocolate chip cookies, she sets them down on the table in front of Shawn, whose eyes are closed and head is lolled back on the couch.

"Here," She holds a cookie in front of him and Shawn's eyes pop open.

He grabs it and takes a bite, moaning as the chocolate hits his tongue.

"Did I tell you that I love you?"

Camila's heart hammers in her chest even though his words are most likely platonic.

"Yes, you dork. You tell me that all the time."

"But I truly really love you. I really like you, Mila."

"Is this because I baked cookies?"

He shakes his head dramatically, "No, no, Mila. I really really like you."