Pact

Inspired by one of @taylor1683 's imagines!

-

So they made a pact. When they were 18 and 19. They might have been drunk but he can't remember. He does remember, however, the way she giggled when she proposed the plan.

If we're both single by the time we turn 30, then we're marrying each other.

They'd pinky swore on it, and ever since then it had been in the back of his mind. For him, he always knew it would be her. So he waited all these years, hoping that when they both turned 30 that she hadn't fallen in love with some handsome man that had swept her off her feet.

Shawn anxiously rubbed the light scruff on his face, tracing his finger around the rim of his coffee cup.

At 30 years old, he was still the godly pop star that girls fawned over. Except now, he looked a little more tired. Camila was still ever so the same. She was just as beautiful as she was in her 20s: flowing curls, deep brown eyes, and a bright smile that lit up her whole face.

The sound of heels clacking along the tiled floor makes Shawn lifts his head. Camila walks in with a happy smile on her face, her floral dress flowing around her ankles. At the sight of Shawn, her eyes brighten and she squeals, running towards the table.

"Shawn!" She attacks him while he's still sitting in his chair.

The rest of the customers in the coffee shop give her a strange look. Shawn laughs and wraps her in his arms. She holds her hand to his cheek and kisses it, her lips grazing the coarse stubble.

"You haven't shaved in awhile, mister," she says with a glint in her eye.

"I haven't gotten around to it," he releases her from his hold.

"I like it like this," she reaches out to touch it again.

Shawn's never going to shave again.

Camila settles into the chair across from him and orders a cappuccino.

"So how have you been," he asks.

"I've been good! Just finished tour so that's a thing," she grins and flips her hair dramatically.

Shawn chuckles, "Yes, quite the superstar you are. Aren't you?"

"I just love it so much. The fans are so incredibly amazing. I'm going to miss it so much, being on stage you know."

He nods, knowing the feeling.

"Oh, and, Luis and I broke up. It just wasn't working with tour and everything," she casually throws in.

Alerted, Shawn scans her face for any emotions.

"Are you ok? You should have called me," his voice laced with concern.

She waves him off and takes a sip of her cappuccino, "I'm fine. It was mutual. I didn't cry or anything."

"Ok, enough about me. Tell me how you've been. Any new girls?" She wiggles her eyebrows, giving him a sly smile.

He shakes his head, a curl bouncing onto his forehead.

"No girls..."

"Your standards are way too high, my friend," she sighs.

"I have no standards."

"Then why don't you have a girlfriend?" She pesters.

He wants to say it's because of her. That he's wanted her for so long and that he's in love with her.

"I just... don't want to think about that right now."

"Hm..." she looks down at her cup.

"Camila... do you remember our pact from when we were 18?" He hesitantly asks.