Lover

hello! this is part 2 of CIWYW!
-

Camila's hands shake nervously as their black Cadillac nears the venue. She hasn't seen most of her celebrity friends in more than a year nor has she been in the flashes of cameras. For a second, she panics, feeling her breath quicken and eyes darting around the black interior of the car. She feels Shawn grab her hands and wrap an arm around her waist, pulling her into his side.

"Hey, sweetheart. Breathe. Take a deep breath," he says, and he breathes in and out, willing her to do the same.

Focusing on his breathing and heartbeat, she manages to calm herself down.

"I'm scared, Shawn," she chokes out.

Shawn rubs circles on her arm and kisses her temple.

"I'm right here, darling. If you want to leave, just let me know, ok?"

Camila nods, her finger twirling one of her curls restlessly.

The car comes to a halt and the door opens. The flashing of the camera lights blind her, making her anxious, but then Shawn turns back to look at her, a soft smile gracing his lips and reassuring eyes comforting her. He holds out his hand, firmly grasping hers in his and exits the car.

Everyone seems to freeze at the sight of Camila after a year. Shawn hooks his arm around her waist to lead her down the carpet, and the cameras come back to life. The reporters yell out questions, surprised to see Camila.

"Where have you been, Camila?"

"When did you and Shawn start dating?"

Her anxiety starts to act up again and she clings onto Shawn. She rests her head against his cheek and closes her eyes. His breathing always calms her down.

"We don't have to do any interviews. I know this is a lot," he tightly holds her hand.

"But Andrew will get mad. You're supposed to be teasing a new single."

Shawn shakes his head, "No worries. I don't want you to feel pressured or anxious. The single can wait. You're more important to me."

It's not long before they end up in the arena. Everyone's giving her strange looks, not sure if they should approach her or not. She feels isolated and unfamiliar in her once familiar world.

"I'm going to talk to some people, ok? I'll be back soon. I promise," he says releasing his hold on her waist.

Camila warily nods, standing in the middle of the arena.

Without any warning, Ariana comes at full force towards her, suffocating her in a bear hug. She can hear Ariana let out a few sniffles.

"You bitch! I haven't heard from you in more than a year! I thought you were dead!"

Camila lets out a small laugh, "Well, I'm definitely not dead, Ari."

Ariana briefly pulls away from the hug, looking at her friend, "Where have you been?"

Camila's eyes drift towards Shawn who's talking to Khalid and she smiles, "With him."

Ariana softens and she grins, "You look happy. I haven't seen you like this in a long time."

"He makes me happy."

Ariana squeezes her hand and they're alerted that the awards are about to start.

When Shawn wins Top Hot 100 Song, he kisses her in front of everyone and gives her the most breathtaking smile she's ever seen. The cheers are deafening as he steps onto the stage. He kisses Katy's cheek as she hands him the award. She can see his hands shaking as it shines in the bright lights.