You Are in Love

this is based off of Taylor Swift's "You Are in Love" :)
—-
Shawn loves touring and all, but sometimes he just misses home. He misses his small apartment overlooking the Toronto skyline and going to see his family on the weekends. He misses the warmth of their smiles and laughter and love. He misses Camila the most though. He rarely gets to see her these days because she's always in Miami or LA. Late night FaceTimes don't compare to seeing each other in person. He missed the way she would run her hands through his hair; the way she would plant soft kisses on his lips.

He's just finished his last concert in Mexico and is boarding the plane back home to Toronto. He smiles as he sees Camila's text wishing him a safe flight home. Andrew prepared a private jet for Shawn as a reward for his most successful world tour. He greets the pilot and stuffs his bag in the seat next to him before settling down next to the window. It's been awhile since he's been all alone without the whole team around him. They had all flown on separate flights back home.

After a few hours the silence becomes overbearing. He can't help but to think about how Camila would be talking animatedly and laughing if she were here. He plays back the memories of loving her.

-

Shawn nervously rubs his hands on his pants. His first time touring was a big deal and a big step up from Magcon. Flinging his guitar strap over his shoulder, he heads backstage. He's about to open the door when it flings open and a mess of wild brown waves slams into his chest.

"Shit!" Shawn says as they tumble to the ground.

"Oh my god oh my god! I'm so sorry!"

Shawn groans as he lifts his head up to see who had assaulted him. His heart stops at the sight of her chocolate eyes. She's so beautiful and flustered; her cheeks going red from embarrassment and pink lips in a frown.

"No, it's ok. No worries. It was an accident. Besides my most important thing is ok," Shawn says and holds his guitar.

She smiles, "Well since we've already passed the handshaking terms, my name's Camila."

Shawn blushes, "I'm Shawn."

"Ah! Shawn Mendes! You're the other opening act! I'm from Fifth Harmony!" She giddily says.

Shawn smiles at her.

"Hey Camila! What's the holdup? We're supposed to rehearse in a few-"

Another curly haired girl halts to a stop at the doorway.

"Woah Camz, what's going on here?" She says.
Camila quickly scrambles off of Shawn.

"Dinah! It's not what it looks like! We fell!" Camila stutters out.

"Uh huh," Dinah raises her eyebrows.

Shawn blushes an even darker shade of red and Camila hides herself under her hair.

"This is Shawn," Camila says as she averts her eyes.

Shawn waves, still lying on the ground.

"Nice to meet you, Shawn, but I'm afraid I'm going to have to take Camila away for a little and then you guys can canoodle again or whatever," Dinah smirks.

"Dinah! Shut up!" Camila says before pushing a laughing Dinah through the door. "Bye Shawn!"

The next time he sees her, they're running through the schedule for the first concert. Austin's manager tells everyone to introduce themselves since no one has met before and Shawn gives Camila a look, making her giggle. He was pretty sure that they'd go down in history.
-
The attacks on Camila were getting pretty heavy. Shawn knew already that Camila was hurting from leaving Fifth Harmony, but in the end it was the right choice. They're both in LA for the first time in forever.