Call It What You Want

there are random tweets/headlines scattered throughout in case y'all are confused
-

Camila walks with her head down, the light rain wetting her curly hair. She shifts her bag full of groceries on her shoulder, lifting the hood of Shawn's sweatshirt to cover her head. A girl shouldn't be walking so late at night in Malibu, but she had to in order to keep her relationship and herself hidden. Plus, Shawn had taught her some self-defense moves and talked her ear off about all the things she could do in case someone tried to touch her. He still was unsure of letting her go out alone, but under her sweet talking he had given in.

No one had heard from her in almost a year. Her team was rather unhappy with the fact that she didn't want to be seen by the public, afraid that sales and her popularity would drop, but Roger had seen the amount of hate and pressure she was getting. He loves Camila like his own daughter and watching her mental health decline pained him, so he negotiated on her behalf and they had won.

'How could Shawn date such a slag? She's so fat and ugly. He deserves so much better.'

She'd deleted Twitter and Instagram, refusing to look at the hate and people's crass comments about her and Shawn. Frankly, after she'd dropped off of the planet, people had assumed that they'd broken up and celebrated. The fans had gone back to obsessing over a single Shawn. He finished his tour and dropped a new single two months later.

'All the things that went wrong in Camila Cabello and Shawn Mendes' summer romance.'

They'd only suspected that he was with someone when he'd been seen at the grocery market being a good boyfriend and buying her feminine products and ice cream, but other than that Shawn stayed  single in the public's eye and Camila disappeared.

The locals were so welcoming and kind in their small neighborhood in Malibu. They'd kept her secret hidden and treated her like a normal person.

She did feel terrible for her fans who had been waiting for her to release CC2 for so long, but she knew if she wanted her album to be the best it's ever been, she needed time for herself.

'Where's Camila Cabello now? When will she make a comeback?'

The rain starts to pour a little harder and Camila starts to quicken her pace, nearing the front of their house. Pushing down her hoodie, she takes the keys from her bag and unlocks the door. She hears Shawn screaming his lungs out to some new sappy but lovely Taylor Swift song, his voice cracking. Even when he tries to sing terribly, he sounds amazing. Camila giggles and shuts the door. At the sound of it, Thunder, Leo and Shawn all bolt to the door. The dogs attack her legs and Shawn lunges forward, cupping her face and smashing his lips to hers in a searing kiss.

"Missed me that much?" She laughs against his lips.

"I always miss you when you're not around," he says, pecking her lips over and over again. 

His hands tangle in her hair. Upon contact, he gasps.

"Babe, you're all wet," he detaches himself from her, running to get a towel and blanket.

He dries her hair with the towel and hastily strips her of his hoodie, draping a blanket around her shoulders. His eyebrows are furrowed and he has a concentrated look, trying to make sure she doesn't catch a cold. Camila stares adoringly at him as he adjusts the blanket.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" He asks.

"I love you," she smiles.

A smile graces his face and he kisses her gently on the lips. Taking the grocery bag from her hand, he leads her to the kitchen.