Set Up

Camila had a big fucking crush on Shawn. She most definitely didn't want to, but it's almost impossible not to.

They met on a hot summer day in LA as she was moving into her new apartment and ever since then she was whipped.

-

Camila brushes her sweaty hair out of her face, shifting the large box in her hands. Huffing at the thought of her best friend, Sam, who had abandoned her last minute for a date of all things, she drops the box with a thump on the concrete floor. She lets out a deep breath, closing her eyes for a second, and rolling her neck.

"Need some help?" She hears a smooth voice say from her left.

She opens her eyes to see the most gorgeous man she's ever seen. Her mouth runs dry and she gapes at him. He gives her a perfect smile, her knees going weak. Her eyes run over his tight jeans and white t-shirt that's slightly see-through, giving her a glimpse of his toned body.

"I'm Shawn," he extends his hand out when she doesn't respond.

"C-Camila," She stutters, gripping his hand.

She feels a rush of adrenaline at the touch of his calloused hands. She suddenly gains conscience again and looks down, remembering the ratty outfit she's wearing that consists of legs and a worn graphic tee. She feels a little embarrassed before a Greek god.

"So...need help?" He asks again.

She quickly nods, showing him the way to the moving truck.

-

Yeah, so she's had a crush on him since the beginning. It's his fault really. He's too good-looking for his own good and has a heart of gold. He's always helping her with groceries and holding doors for her. He'd even dropped her off at work when her car had broken down.

They'd quickly become close friends, and that meant spending a lot of time at each other's. Sometimes he would cook dinner when he knew she'd had a long day of work at the fashion studio. They would sit on the couch and watch Project Runway (her choice but she knew it was growing on him) while eating whatever he had whipped up. Or when she needed emotional support after her occasional mental breakdown from all the pressure, he would hold her and sing her to sleep. She'd wake up in his arms content and happy.

Oh yeah, and did she forget to mention that he also sang? His voice was one of the most beautiful things she'd ever heard. He aspired to be a musician, but was also getting his grad degree at UCLA. He was just incredible inside and out.

So really, it wasn't her fault that she had fallen for him.

Clearly, as a struggling fashion designer, Camila was not a good match for Shawn. So she made it her mission to set him up with someone who he deserves. Someone who could make him happy, even though it pained her.

-

"Camila, I don't want to go on another date," Shawn groans, his head hitting the armrest of the couch.

"Please? For me?" She pouts, her legs sitting on top of his from the other end of the couch.

"Why are you so hell-bent on setting me up on dates?" He asks, his eyes piercing into hers.

"Because someone should be enjoying your wonderfulness and making you happy. Plus you haven't been on dates ever since I moved in. You said it yourself!" She exclaims, her hand patting his jean-clad leg.