"Long Way Away"

It's going to be hard moving from the country to Tulsa, Oklahoma. It's only my dad and me moving because my mom died in a train accident. No one survived it, and I couldn't stop bawling that night I found out.

On the bus ride there, my dad looked at me and said, "Hey Abby, it'll be ok we're going to be in a different neighborhood, and you'll get to meet new people and have friends just like in our home town." I asked, "Then, why couldn't we stay there?"

He looked at me with sad eyes and said, "Abby try to be a good sport about this...you'll have a brand new room, and I got new furniture for the house." "How big's my room?" I asked while cocking one eyebrow.

He smiled and said, "Bigger than before." That made me feel a little better because I had a small room before and needed more space. Finally, we made it to our new house, and it was bigger than I expected.

There were five main rooms: our rooms, the kitchen, the living room, and the bathroom. As my dad and I stepped off the bus, I forgot about our old house for a second, but then it came back to my memory.

We had a two story house, and it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I rushed inside and there stood before me the most horrifying place I've ever seen.

Everything was rusty, the wallpaper had been torn down, there was paint all over the wall, and also on the wall it looked as if there had been someone who knocked a hammer fifty million times on it.

I turned around and looked at my dad in disbelief and said, "Gee dad, I love it." He looked at me as white as a ghost and said, "Abby it's not that bad, I already called ahead for the repair man to come and there coming tonight." I was still a little worried about this place, this is not what I would call home.

Hey Guys! This is my first fan-fiction of "The Outsiders", and I think I might do a sequel and some more after this book. Ok, I know this chapter wasn't the best but I was trying to let you guys see how bad this place is! Also, answer in the comment below if you think Abby should have a love interest and in who! I'll get back on that in a couple of chapters ahead. I'll try to publish daily.

-Stay Gold