A Long Way Away

Johnny turned as white as a ghost and said, "I'm sorry." The thing is, is that I don't want to be with Ponyboy, I wanted to be with Johnny. I said, "No, it's fine, but I have to tell him."

He nodded his head and I said, "I'll do it tomorrow." He said, "Ok, do you wanna head home?"

I said, "Yeah, I'd like that." He held out his hand, and I gladly took it. With that we walked all the way home.

When we got home, Ponyboy immediately looked down at our hands. I let go very quickly and said, "So, I have my memory back."

Everyone came up and hugged me. We had a party, and everyone crashed in the living room except Ponyboy, Soda, and Darry.

They had work, and Ponyboy had school. I was watching Mickey Mouse when my eyes couldn't take no more. I closed them and went to a deep sleep.

(Dream)
I was at the park getting jumped by Socs. Johnny came and saved me, and he crashed his lips onto mine. It was full of passion.

It felt like it did yesterday. When I looked up, I saw Ponyboy with a hurt look, and we walked away with his head down.

I screamed, "Come back I-I'm sorry. I didn't mean to hurt you."
I kept yelling, "I'm sorry, Ponyboy." It was over, and he never came back for me. (End of Dream)

I felt someone shaking my shoulders awake. It was Ponyboy, and the whole gang was watching...just great!

Dally said, "What were you dreaming about?" I said, "What do you mean?" Soda said, "You were saying stuff like 'Come back', 'I'm sorry', and you even said Ponyboy's name."

I was nervous...I guess I sleep talk? I said, "Oh, well it was just a dream." I walked to the kitchen, and Ponyboy followed me from behind.

He said, "Are you ok?" I said, "Yeah I'm ok, why wouldn't I be?" He said, "Cause you said Johnny's name to."

I stuttered, "I-I did, just a crazy d-dream I guess." My hands were very shaky, and I was getting very scared.

He looked me in the eyes and said, "You can tell me anything, you know that right?"

I said, "Ok (deep breaths) um...yesterday after I found out Two-bit's real name was Keith, I walked out. I was only about two blocks away when I was getting jumped by Socs, but I was saved by..."

He was getting angry and said, "By who?!" I said, "Johnny, and we um...kissed." He looked hurt in my dream, and he didn't say anything.

I said, "Ponyboy?" He said, "Get out." I said, "I'm sor..." He yelled, "Get Out!" I said, "No, look I know we can fix this."

He said, "Fix whatever? Fix wha you did? Well, hate to break it to you, but I'm not some toy you can play with." I said, "I never wanted to hurt you."

He ran out of the kitchen in the living room, but I followed quickly behind. I said, "I'd you'll let me explain!" Everyone turned around and was watching us.

He said, "Explain what? How you lied to me, and how you basically cheated on me?" I said, "We were never together!"

All three of my friends come in at that time and Miley said, "Hey Abby...what's wrong?" Pony said,"And to think I thought you really liked me."

I said, "I do, and I never wanted to hurt you." He stormed off to his room. I thought wow I just blew it.

Angle asked, "What'd you do?" I said, "Don't ask." I was under too much stress.

Sarah said, "We were just scared that you were kidnapped or something because when we woke up you were gone."

I said, "It doesn't matter where I went. It's none of your business." Angel said, "Ok, what is your deal?" I said, "Just leave me alone, ok?"

I ran out of that house, and I went to my house. I started packing my things. I left a note for each of the girls. I wrote notes to the guys and mailed them.

I took off to the train station. I got my ticket, and I was off to the next stop. I didn't know where I'd be after this ride, but I just needed time to myself. I needed to go a long way away.

THE END

Thanks for Reading!!!
All books don't have a happy ending and this one sure didn't. I'm gonna write another books about the letters she left behind for them. But that's it for now, how'd you like it? Comment, star, vote.

-Stay Gold