The Note

I went home that afternoon to find a note on the front door.
It read:

Dear Greaser,
You're lucky your gang gets you out of trouble. Without them, your worthless. Listen, I have your dad, and all you have to do is come to the park tomorrow around three. We'll be waiting. Oh and another thing...come alone.
From, The Socs

I immediately walked over to the Curtis house. When I slammed the door closed, everyone's attention was on me.

Soda came up to me and said, "Abby, what's wrong." I gave him the note, and he read it out loud. When he was done, I asked, "What are we gonna do?"

Darry said, "Tomorrow we'll go with you to the park, and give the Socs what they deserve." I sat down on the couch almost in tears.

I tried to beat around the bush, but the gang could tell I was sad. I already lost my mom what if I lost my dad?

Ponyboy interrupted my thoughts by saying, "Hey Abby, can we talk in the kitchen for a minute?" I nodded my head and followed him in the kitchen.

Ponyboy turned around, looked me in the eyes, and said, "Are you ok, I know that has to be tough on you."

I said, "Yeah, it is including the fact that I lost my mom to. No one understands." He looked down from me and said quietly, "Yeah I do."

I said, "No, you don't understand what it feels like. If my dad died, I'm on my own. No parent to love me."

He said, "And where do you think my parents are? Abby, they died last year." I looked down and said, "Well, how could I..."

I was interrupted by Steve yelling from the living room, "Hey lovebirds, in there can you pass me some of the chocolate cake, it's in the fridge."

I grabbed some out of the fridge, cut a piece, put it on a plate, and went to the living room with it.

I slammed the plate on the table in the living room and said angrily, "There, is that good enough for you?" He looked up at me and said, "I could use some milk."

I said, "Oh well, if you want milk, you can get off your lazy butt and go and get it yourself!"

All eyes were on me and he said, "You lovebirds doing ok?" I stood up and stormed out of that house.

Thanks for Reading!!!
Wow, wasn't that a surprise ending? Ponyboy and Abby are not as happy as they were. Will they ever be again? Ok, ok I'm writing the next one...Hope your liking this book so far. I enjoy writing the chapters and in maybe the next four it's going to be really good!

-Stay Gold