Chapter 3

Why am I here? I wonder as my best friends friend goes on and on about stupid shit. I should be at home right now. I should be with my mom. My dad being gone is probably hitting her the hardest. She just won't admit it. She's staying strong for us. For Annabel and me. Annabel. She hasn't even met him. I think sadly as I subconsciously fiddle with the edge of my shirt. All he wanted to do was meet his little girl. I think sadly as I choke down my tears. I won't cry. Not here. Not in front of people.

"So, I was just like, what? And then he was all like-" the annoying bitchy blonde is cut off as I see a pink bike flash before my eyes before exiting my vision. I blink. What the...? I then notice the brown haired boy laying on the ground. He groans.

Mimi's friends laugh. "Sam?" Mimi questions. Mimi, or Mikaela Banes, is my best and only friend really. I've known her since preschool. We got along really well despite my silence. She's stuck by me through thick and thin and has always been there for me. Hell, she's one of the only people, other than my parents, that's actually been able to get me to laugh and smile. Yeah. She's that awesome!

"Oh, hi." The boy, I'm guessing his name is Sam, says. He sounds like he's in pain.

"That was, uh, that was really... awesome." Mimi says struggling to find the right words.

The boy starts getting up. "Uh, well, it felt awesome." He says, moving around frantically.

"Are you okay?" Mimi asks, while I watch him pick up a pink bike. His movements showing fear. He's afraid.

"I'm not okay, all right? I'm losing my mind a little bit. I'm getting chased by my car right now. Got to go." He says and I tilt my head as he starts pedaling off on the pink bike. His car is chasing him? That's something you don't hear everyday. I think watching him disappear down the street.

"You know what? I'm gonna catch up with you guys later." Mimi says. I look over to see her getting up and grabbing her stuff. I follow suit. Grabbing my bag, which holds my wallet, phone, and my recently modified pistol, and following after Mimi.

Mimi gets on her motorbike while I grab my motorcycle. My motorcycle is an enhanced one that can go zero to a hundred in three point six seconds. My motorcycle is all black with red accents and red rimmed tires. I enhanced it so it can go five times faster than it was built to go. I also have a large space which is where I've hidden away my recently finished gun project.

I get on, put my helmet on, and turn on my bike. I follow Mimi as she drives after Sam. I follow her to this old run down parking garage like place. It looks fairly run down. The cement, that makes up the walls of the structure, appear cracked, many of the cars are old and missing tires and doors and hoods and many other parts, and the garbage flying around give it a sense of abandonment.

I notice Sam almost immediately as he starts running out of the garage. Mimi turns into the garages 'drive-way'. I follow suite. "Get back! Stop!" Sam screams. Mimi doesn't listen. As she gets closer Sam clothes-hanger her. I grab and pull the brake. My bike slides to a stop a half inch before Mimi's head.

"Oh- God! What is your problem, Sam?" Mimi growls throwing her helmet off. Thankfully she throws the helmet in the opposite direction of my bike.

"Okay, there's a monster right there!" Sam says pointing in the direction he just ran from. I look over in the direction Sam just ran from. Holy...! Sam wasn't lying! A huge black and somewhat white robot is racing towards us. "It just attacked me! Here he comes!" Sam says freaking out. "All right, get up. Get up and run! You have to run!" Sam insists both of them still on their knees.