Chapter 9

One more chapter!
We drove down a deserted desert road. I had taken off my jacket and helmet, the helmet I traded for a pair of sunglasses. We where driving towards the Hoover Dam. That's where the cube is, and that's where we're going. Speeding off in a cloud of dust as we headed down a sandy road. I kept getting dust in my face which was seriously pissing me off, but I didn't complain. Maybe I deserved a little dust to my face. Honestly, look at me. My dad died and instead of mourning him, instead of crying and being with my mom I'm out riding around and having my own little adventure. How horrible of a person does that make me?

Glancing into the oncoming lane I caught sight of a yellow Camaro that I immediately knew to be Bumblebee. Swerving quickly I ended up just behind a military vehicle that was following him. Almost immediately my phone went off. Answering Mimi gave me all the information she could. They had the cube, they where safe, and we where going to mission city. With that in mind I shot into the deserted other lane and pressed a single button on my dash. I felt a slight bump coming from the bike as small blades extruded from my tires. A smile quickly dance across my face as I realized that they worked before it faded and my face became unreadable. I shot forward and drove well in front of them, Mimi and I continuing to communicate as we got onto the highway.

I was made aware after about five miles of a deception, a cop car. I smirked. Clutching the break my bike slowed quickly, I waved them past me and got beside the cop car. I knew my next move was stupid, I knew how easy it would be for him to simply open the door and knock me off but that didn't stop me. Practically ramming myself against him the blade on my tires penetrated the rubber of his tire. Quickly pulling away I narrowly avoided the passenger side door as it opened. I shot him a glance as he swerved off the road.

"Good job, Cal." Mimi's voice came through my phone. I gave no answer as I drove up beside Ironhide. Pressing the button to retract the blades. Tacking the fastest route to Mission City I have the lead to Ironhide who led us to a street currently being evacuated. I hung back in order to watch our flank. I could hear a jet approaching and knew it was beginning.