Chapter 8

Guilt ate away my insides as my mind screamed at me. I left them. I left my best friend. It made me feel so pathetic and guilty. I actually felt pretty sickened by my actions.

"Please. Let this work." Optimus led us this old building somewhere in Nevada. To be honest, I just don't care anymore. I just stuck close to the Autobot's and made sure not to fall behind. On our whole trip we only stopped once at a gas station so I could fill up my tank and the Autobot's could rest which was about an hour ago. Did I mention my bike had amazing gas mileage?

"Fire it up, Optimus."

Optimus shot a blue light through the glasses which caused this transparent earth to appear with this single spot standing out. "The code...the code on these glasses indicates the All Spark is two hundred and thirty miles from here."

"I sense the Decepticons are getting ready to mobilize," Ratchet added.

"They must know it's here, as well." Have I mentioned how much Ironhide hates me?

Jazz finally asked the question we all must have been wondering. "What about Bumblebee? We can't just leave him to die and become some human experiment!"

Optimus sighed heavily, "He'll die in vain if we don't accomplish our mission. Bumblebee is a brave soldier. This is what he would want."

"Why are we fighting to save the humans? They're a primitive and violent race." Ironhides disgust for humans was leaking through his statement. I couldn't understand his hatred for humans. I couldn't understand it.

"Were we so different? They're a young species. They have much to learn. But I've seen goodness in them. Freedom is the right of all sentient beings. You all know there's only one way to end this war. We must destroy the Cube. If all else fails, I will unite it with the Spark in my chest."

"That's suicide. The Cube is raw power. It could destroy you both."

"A necessary sacrifice to bring peace to this planet. We cannot let the humans pay for our mistakes... It's been an honor serving with you all. Autobots, roll out!"

"We rolling!"