Chapter 10

I did not lie!
We reached Mission City and everyone started filing out and the autobots transformed and began barking out orders. I, however, hung back and started rummaging through my bikes storage system. Pulling forth my other modified gun, I slid it into my pants holster, holding onto the other one. I closed the storage system and was hopping on when a blinding light struck my eyes, a deafening sound hit my ears. I wasn't thrown and thanked the fates that I was far enough away from the blast zone. My bike means too much for me to have it get blown up.

  Screams came from the soldiers as my ears stopped ringing and everything that happened next was practically a blur as I found myself pulling Sam and Mikaela to their feet and grabbing the cube. Sam racing towards Bumblebee without sparing me a glance. While he yelled at Bumblebee another robot landed not far from us.

"We're so dead." I said simply, racing towards my bike, the cube tucked safely within my arms. It sent a tingling sensation throughout my body. I ignored it though. My facade unbreakable as I hopped onto my bike and pressed the small button that retracts the breaks.

"Sam! Where's the Cube?" A voice shouted from my blind spot. A voice so familiar it forced tears to my eyes and disbelieving thoughts into my brain. He's dead...and I'm just hearing things... played across my mind until I saw his face, tears breaking free and strolling down my cheeks.

"Calypso has it!" I was acutely aware of his body tensing as my bike pulled up beside the tow truck Mikaela and Sam were currently attaching Bumblebee to. His military uniform was covered in dirt and dust as was his face, but I still knew who it was. "Dad..." my voice shook and cracked as I forced the word from my throat.

"Calypso." He threw his arms around me, his face twisting up in a smile. I returned the hug. My fingers grasping the material of his uniform tightly. Reassuring myself that he was really there. "What the fuck are you doing here?" He asked suddenly, holding me at arms length. I went to answer but was halted by a jet flying above us.

"Epps, get those Black Hawks here!" My father yelled at my godfather and I swear I have never been so relieved in my life. "That building."

My dad suddenly turned to Sam with an intense look on his face. "Alright, I can't leave my guys back there, so here, take this flare." He spoke shoving it into Sam's hands. "Okay, there's a tall, white building with statues on top. Go to the roof. Set the flare."

"No." Sam was freaking out. It was so obvious. His hands where practically vibrating because of how badly he was shaking.

"Signal the chopper and set the flare-"

"No, no. I can't do this!"

My dad had enough of Sams protest and pulled him close. "Listen to me! You're a soldier now! All right? I need you to take this Cube. Get it into military hands while we hold them off, or a lot of people are gonna die." Sam shook his head.

"I'm no hero! I can't do this!" He protested. A sad smile pulled across my lips as I glanced at my bike then back at the cube resting in my hands. Sam wasn't ready for this. If he had a choice he'd fade away into history as an unknown name future generations would look up only for family history projects, and he'd be okay with that. He didn't want this and I wouldn't force him into it.

Grabbing the flare quickly from his hand I raced towards my bike, my facade unwavering as I hopped onto my bike and started the engine. "Calypso Marian Lennox, what the hell are you doing?" My dad shouted a bewildered look on his face as I pulled on my helmet.

"Being the hero." My facade cracking as I shot my father a sad smile before slapping down the visor. Pressing down on the gas I took off towards the building, completely ignoring their protests.