Chapter 3

• Dedicated to Zainab

I got into view of the house and started looking around, I sniffed the air…

Shit. This is werewolve territory.

I can’t leave, not without supplies I'll never make it through the night, plus I’m in unknown territory. Okay Em, you can do this, it’s a quick in and out job.

I secured my injuries to make sure there was no leakage.

I  pulled out my sword as i approached the house frm the rear. I checked the garage to see if there were any cars in the drive way, which should tell me whether or not their was anyone home and preferably an easier way into the house. There was  a black six seater Chevrolet SUV and a... oh my lord.... a 2007 Ducati 749 Dark  superbike. When I saw the bike, I think I nearly peed in my pants, that bike is one of the fastest bikes in the world. I think I died and gone to bike heaven.

Some people don't get it, but I am a majore bike fan. I love the rush of the adrenaline when riding at top speeds, the wind in my hair and the intense feeling of freedom. 

Hyperventilating from the excitement of being so close to the bike I almost forgot why I was here. Touching the bike like a soft kitten, I didn't want to leave it. If I have to make a break for it fast, I'll come for you my sweet. 

With a last longing look towards the bike. I sighed and turned away, creeping towards the house, sword at the ready. I seriously hope I don't have to fight, I can already feel my strength waning. Its not that I'm blood thirsty or anything, its just that, there are things that I have to do in order to survive. I have learned that the hard way a long time ago.

Hopefully the owners of these vehicles aren’t home. Straining my ears to hear if anyone was in the house I crept to an open window. I carefully looked inside, so far no sign of anyone.

Letting out a steading breathe, I open the window wider and quietly made my way inside. Once inside I looked around, I was in the kitchen and man was it beautiful. The kitchen is fully modernized, it had brown pine cupboards all around. Guess they never have a problem with packing space. The fridge and dishwasher was the same color as the cupboards that surround it, making it blend into its environment perfectly. There was an island in the center of the kitchen, for prepping food and had pots and pans hanging above it on a rack of sort.  The floor was a beautifully polished wooden pine floor, same as the cupboards.

But hey I seem to be getting side tracked here, I made my way into the rest of the house and man, oh man, everything in this place screams comfy. I climb the stairs in eerie silence, testing the floor in case they squeak under my weight. I felt the need to be quick, my senses on high alert. I didn’t hear anyone in the house and I didn’t smell anyone around so I made a beeline for the family bathroom figuring that is where they might keep their medical kit. The door was open so it was easy enought to find. I closed the door till there was only a crack, i needed to hear if anyone was outside and I didn't want to be easily spotted. I opened the cupboards to find a medical kit right at the back, buried behind the towels and I grabbed it.

When I’m away from this place and out of danger, I’ll fix me up. Gezz my freaking side is killing me.