Chapter 28

Hey all,

So I didn't check this chapter. I know naughty Steph, will do it when I have more time available.

Well, you know the drill ;)

Enjoy

steph

--------------------------------------------------------------

(Recap)

“Hunter”

“Shh, it’s okay Sunshine. It’s not your fault, it was an accident.”

He reached over and held me, rubbing my back to comfort me.

I laid in Hunter’s arms and began to cry.

This is it, we’ll all dead, and I have risked the lives of my friends, the lives of countless wolves for nothing. My mother had died four years ago, my brother nearly turned into a hellhound and I have brought on us the wrath of the council. There is nowhere to hide, nowhere to run. We’re all dead and it’s entirely my fault. I have killed us all!

Chapter 28

I woke up from the warmth of the sun hitting my face and the quiet sobs of somebody crying nearby. I opened my eyes and looked in the direction of the person that was crying. It was Rachelle, it looked like she had been crying since last night, and I mean she was at that point where you’re crying but you don’t have any more tears left so all you’re doing in making the sound of crying and shaking uncontrollably.

“Rachelle?” I asked sounding a little horse and I had a slight headache and the sun was blindingly bright.

I looked around out of the window and saw that we were at a gas station in the middle of nowhere. It was just Rachelle and me sitting in the car Damien and Hunter where nowhere in sight.

“Oh I’m sorry Snow, I didn’t mean to wake you?”

“No, it’s okay. Where’s Hunter and Damien?”

“They went into the store to buy something to eat.”

“How long have we been here? Any sign of Jake and the others yet?”

“We just got here about five minutes ago… I think… I’m not really sure. I wasn’t paying attention. All I was thinking of was…”

Then she started crying again and I really sucked at this comforting thing. So I awkwardly pattered her shoulder. What do you say in situations like this?

“Erm… don’t cry…” Nice one Em, it’s obvious she’s trying not to. Gosh that was the stupidest thing to say. Why don’t I just say there, there…tis be all over soon my dear. I should try and read some books on how to deal with these situations because it feels like I’m getting into them more and more lately.

She didn’t say anything so I thought I could maybe cheer her up or… something.

“I’m sure he’s okay. He’s a pure blood and you can’t kill an immortal with bullets.”

Okay that much I’m sure of. I remembered Hunter telling me that once we reached our immortality age, which is the time in your life when your body is at its peak in strength, then you get frozen and turn immortal and it’s practically nearly impossible to kill us. The only way is through decapitation or fire.