Meet the Parents

Nick's alarm beeped rapidly dragging Gaby back into consciousness. She searched blindly for the alarm on the nightstand next to her bed; Gaby smacked the off button with a groan as she turned onto her back.  Gaby looked over at Nick who was out cold and slightly snoring; she rolled her eyes and plucked him in the forehead.

"Nick get up," Nick responded with a snort as he turned his back to her.

"Nick get up we have to get going," Gaby said as she tapped his shoulder.

"I'll get up after your shower."

"Why do I—you know what never mind." Gaby tossed herself out of bed and shuffled into the bathroom. After her shower, she came out to find Nick lying at the foot of the bed trying to get himself together.

"We have to go back to my place so I can get some clothes."

"What's wrong with the clothes in the closet?"

"They don't fit." Gaby snapped.

"Okay geez we'll go, you don't have to bite my head off."

"I'm sorry, I just feel so, so, so fat."

"You're not fat at least not yet anyway," Nick said with a laugh as he dodged the brush that was gunning for his head.

"This is all your fault, and I'm going to blame you for this for the rest of my life and probably after."

"Oh come on Gabs, the fault is both yours and mine, and I think you look beautiful. Even if your stomach is sticking out like a sore thumb." Nick said with a chuckle, Gaby grabbed a pillow and attacked Nick with it.

"Okay, okay stop I'm sorry. I'll be good." Nick said as he grabbed the pillow away from Gaby.

"You can hardly tell that you're pregnant once you have clothes on."

"My mother is going to pick up on this right away; I know she is." She said with a groan as she tossed on one of Nick's shirts.

"Let's not worry about it too much."

"Man I've haven't been this nervous since I told my mother I lost my virginity to Henry," Gaby said as she shimmied into a pair of sweatpants.

"That's who you let rob you of your innocence," Nick asked in utter disbelief.

"He was my boyfriend in high school and what was wrong with Henry?"

"I never got what you saw in him; he was so weird," Nick said scrunching up his face.

"He was not weird, just because he liked poetry and playing canasta with his grandmother instead of getting drunk with you and your buffoon friends doesn't mean he's weird. He had class."

"He was weird and overly obsessed with you. He liked sniffing your hair you can't get any weirder than that."

"Oh give me a break Nicholas," Gaby said as Nick slid out of bed and stretched.

"I can't believe you gave your virginity to Henry Fisher and I thought you were a good girl." He said shaking his head as he walked into the bathroom and got into the shower. Gaby stormed into the bathroom and stood in the doorway glaring at Nick through the frosted glass.

"For your information, I am a very good girl. I am glad I am not a male whore like you, who sleeps with anything with a pulse."

"And all of this is coming from the woman with the prego belly who was just screaming this male whores name a few hours ago," Nick said as he went into a laughing fit. Gaby huffed and said,

"Okay, Nick." Gaby pushed the lever down on the toilet and smiled to herself as she heard Nick yelp as the hot water shocked his system.

Gaby grabbed her car keys and went back home and packed a bag for the trip. When she returned, Nick was waiting for her outside with a scowl.