Until It's Gone (Part 2)

"The bitch ruined everything!" Madeline cried into her cell phone, and she weaved in and out of traffic.

"Madeline calm down," Stewart said.

"No I won't calm down, she has to pay! I thought if she didn't come then he would see that I was right."

"Madeline do you know where Gabrielle is?"

"Don't worry about her." She snapped.

"She has to pay. It's the only way to make things right; she has to pay." She muttered.

"Madeline the FBI is looking for her if you know where she is you have to tell me."

"No Stewart she has to pay!" Madeline screamed into the phone before ending the call. Madeline sped through the neighborhood until she got to the house she grew up in. She got out and unlocked the gate before speeding up the driveway.

"She has to pay, she took everything from me," Madeline muttered as she burst into the house knocking a mirror off of the wall causing it to shatter.

"Madeline, what's going on?" Penelope asked walking into the dining room."

"Nothing mother I just have something to take care of, and then we can go," Madeline said as she walked past her mother and headed towards the basement.

"Madeline why is that girl down there?"

"We're just playing a game," Madeline said as she pulled her gun from her bag.

"What are you going to do with that?" Penelope asked with a gasp.

"Nothing mother now stay put."

"Madeline you can't kill that girl, she's done nothing wrong to you."

"She's done everything wrong to me! She yelled.

"I don't care what you say I'm going to kill her" Madeline yelled before slamming the door shut in Penelope's face.

Madeline walked up to Gaby who was trying to figure out what was going on and pulled the blindfold from Gaby's eyes.

"I want to watch the life leave your eyes." She said as she aimed the gun at the center of Gabrielle's head, and pulled the trigger three times.

*****

Nick had been up for almost twenty-four hours, and he felt like they weren't any closer to finding Gaby. James and Isabelle had arrived an hour ago, and James immediately took charge. The surveillance footage had shown Gaby getting off of the 10:57 flight after switching her spot with someone else. The footage also showed her calling Nick on a pay phone and making her way to baggage claim, but after that, it was like she disappeared into thin air.

"Nick why don't you take Isabelle and head back to the hotel, you should try to get some sleep."

"There is no way I can sleep," Nick said with a sigh as James sat next to him. He had been sitting in the FBI Chicago division's break room for over four hours going over and over in his mind who would want to hurt Gaby.

Nick called Ian and told him what was going, and he also asked if he could go over to the house and help his parents with the twins.

"Nick who would take Gaby?"

"I don't know Ian, James thinks that it may be someone trying to come after him, but I don't know."

"What about Madeline? I know she and Gaby have a rivalry." Ian offered, and Nick thought about it for a moment.

"Madeline would never stoop so low."

"I know you like to see the good in people but think about it Nick; she couldn't stand Gaby from the moment you introduced them. What if she's trying to get rid of Gaby so she can get to you?"