Chapter 11

**A/N again, time skip to the day Clary shows up

I walk down to the kitchen, running a hand through my hair. Today is me and Alec's one year anniversary. He probably forgot, he never said anything.

"Morning," Izzy says as I enter the kitchen.

"Hey," I say while yawning. "Your brother up yet?"

"No, I don't think so. You're still good to go hunting for the eidolons tonight, right?"

"Aw crap, that was tonight? I thought it was tomorrow!"

She shakes her head. "Why? You got somewhere to be?"

I sigh. "Probably not."

"You okay?"

I nod. "Yeah."

The door opens, and Alec walks in. "Hey," he says to me while walking over to the fridge.

"Hey," I sigh.

He closes the fridge and turns around to face me. "You think I forgot, don't you?"

"You didn't forget, you've been talking about the hunt nonstop."

"Not about the hunt, I mean what today is." He walks over to me and grabs my hands. "It's a very special day. You know what day it is?"

I smile at him. "Happy anniversary."

"Aww!" Izzy says. "That's so adorable!"

Alec sighs. "Wanna go continue this moment somewhere else?"

"I'm gonna follow, I wanna see this."

"Izzy!" I say. "Please, don't. That's weird. Especially because he's your brother."

She sighs as Alec brings me out of the kitchen, and we walk around until we reach a hallway with only one door in it.

"So," he sighs while turning to face me. "What are we gonna do to celebrate?"

I shrug. "Don't know, I thought you forgot. Izzy reminded you, didn't she?"

"Izzy didn't need to remind me about the anniversary of the best day of my life."

I smile at him. "Well, what are we gonna do?"

"We can take a day off from training until we go out hunting for eidolons later and just hang out."

"That sounds like an excellent idea."

"My parents are still in Idris, so we can watch TV and eat food all day without them yelling at us."

"This is why I love you."

He chuckles. "I love you too." He kisses me quickly. "Hungry?" he asks once he pulls away.

I nod. "Starving."

He smiles slightly and leads me back into the kitchen.

"So what's your plan for the day?" Izzy asks us.

"To be alone," Alec says while looking at her.

"That was one time and I didn't think it was a date!"

"Well, we're gonna watch TV and just hang out until we've gotta get ready for Pandemonium."

She nods. "I'll stay out of your way then."

"Thanks," I say to her with a smile. I walk over to the fridge and open it. "Someone needs to buy food."

"I'll go to the store," Izzy says.

"Just don't get anything to cook," Alec says to her. "We don't need this place burning to the ground."

She rolls her eyes and glares at him.  "I'll let you guys know when I'm back."

"Thanks," I say while turning to Alec. "I'm gonna go change, I'll meet you in a couple minutes."

"This is supposed to be a lazy day," he says to me. "You can wear your sweat pajamas."

"I'm at least gonna change into different sweats. If they get dirty, I can't wear them to sleep."

He sighs but nods. "Okay, meet me in a few minutes."

I kiss him on the cheek, then walk out of the kitchen. When I get to my room I grab a pair of black leggings and a plain pink tank-top that Izzy got me for my birthday a few months ago (I was so surprised she bought something that wasn't revealing), quickly change into them, then go down to the Lightwood housing area. Since they're a family, all their rooms are connected with a main room in the middle, which is where the TV is.

"Better now?" Alec asks me from the couch while turning around to face me.

"Much," I say as I walk over to him and sit beside him.

"So," he says as he grabs the remote and puts his arm around me. "What are we gonna watch?"

I shrug. "Whatever's on, I guess."

He hands me the remote. "You pick this time."

"You know I hate picking things."

He chuckles. "I know, I'm just kidding. We'll channel surf." He starts flipping through the different channels that we can access here (there aren't many of them).

After a while, when we can't find anything interesting, Izzy walks in with a bag of chips, two plastic cups, and a bottle of soda.

"This is why you're my best friend," I say to her with a smile.

She smiles at me. "You're welcome. I also picked up some DVDs for you. Season one of a TV show, and some movies."

"Iz," Alec sighs.

I look at him. "Don't complain, we couldn't find anything."

"But now I'm gonna owe her."

"No you won't," she says. "It's your anniversary, I'm being a good sister and friend."

I smile at her. "Thanks."

She hands me a large stack of DVDs. "I've got no clue if the TV show is good, the guy at the store recommended it. Apparently it's like, a show about cops solving crimes and stuff."

I look at the largest of the DVD boxes, which says NCIS down the side. "I guess we could try it." I look at Alec. "Look interesting?"

He shrugs. "We've got nothing better to watch. Thanks, Iz."

She smiles at us as she exits the room.

"Okay," I sigh while turning to face Alec. "I guess we're gonna watch NCIS."

**A/N sorry if this chapter kinda sucks I wrote it on my phone during school