Chapter 14

The next morning I wake up on the Lightwood's couch with Alec's arm around me and my head on his shoulder.

I slowly sit up, being careful not to wake him. I walk over to the spot where I left my boots, take out my stele, and draw my normal runes on my stomach.

"Hey," Alec says in a tired voice, causing me to drop my stele.

"Hey," I say while picking it up.

"I scare you?"

I shrug. "Little bit."

"Why do you need runes so early in the morning?"

I look at a clock. "It's eight. That's not too early."

"Well why do you need runes at eight in the morning? Planning to go mid-day demon hunting?"

I shake my head. "I put a few runes on every day, it's a thing I do."

"Which ones?"

"I'm not letting you see them, they're on my stomach. But I've got the mourning rune, the angelic power rune, the fearless rune, and the love rune."

"But why put them on so early? We could've stayed there for a while, watched more NCIS and just spend time together."

"We spent all day together yesterday."

"Do you not wanna spend time with me?"

I sigh. "Alec you know I love spending time with you."

"Then come, sit, watch NCIS, and spend time with me. Please?"

I sigh again but put my stele back into the boot I took it from and walk over to the couch, plopping down beside him.

He grabs the remote with one hand and holds my hand with the other. He puts on an episode of NCIS, and after it's over I stand up.

"We can't take two days off, Alec."

He sighs. "I know... I just have this bad feeling in my gut, ever since that red-head girl showed up at Pandemonium last night."

"Are you in love with the red-head possibly Shadowhunter Pandemonium girl?"

He rapidly shakes his head. "No, god no. I'm in love with you, and you know that."

"Then what about her?"

He sighs again. "It's just something... like, she'll be trouble."

"What does that have to do with watching NCIS?"

"Because if she is trouble, we won't get to spend much time together. I wanna do that while we still can."

I sigh. "Alec, I love you. And you say that you love me. If that love is real, we'll make time to spend together."

He stands up and grabs my hands. "It's more real than anything I've ever seen," he whispers while leaning towards me and pressing his lips against mine.

After about ten seconds, I pull out of the kiss to breathe and rest my forehead against his. "If that girl causes trouble for us we'll still figure out ways to spend time together."

He smiles slightly. "I hope so."

"I'm gonna go eat something, I haven't eaten much lately. You coming with?"

He nods and grabs my hand as we walk out of the room.

**A/N hey guys! So, a couple things: one, holy crap this book has 2.5K reads, thank you all so much! Two, I'm so sorry I didn't get a chapter up yesterday, I had to stay after school and do homework, then I had to prepare of an Academic Decathlon competition (which is where I am now). But hopefully I'll get to write throughout the day!