Chapter 34

I take a deep breath as Izzy fixes my long white dress. My life is about to change forever.

"You ready?" She asks me.

I take another deep breath and nod. "Yeah."

"If you're too nervous you don't have to go through with it."

I shake my head. "I want this. I've just got wedding jitters."

She smiles and hands me a small bouquet of flowers. "Go get them. Sis."

I smile and hug her. "Thank you Izzy."

"My pleasure. I loved getting to plan a wedding."

I chuckle as I hear a Silent Brother's voice ring out, but I can't hear what he says. "There's my cue."

"Go get him, tiger."

I chuckle as I turn and head out into the room where the ceremony is, and slowly walk up the aisle to Alec.

When I reach him he grabs my hand and smiles. I see Jace behind him, meaning they fixed things.

I smile and look up at him as the Silent Brother grabs the wedding stele and hands it to me.

I look up at Alec, and my smile grows. "You ready?"

He nods with a large smile. "Mark me."

I chuckle as I draw the wedded union rune on his wrist, and he draws the same rune on my wrist.

"By the power vested in me," the Silent Brother says, "I now pronounce you man and wife. You marry kiss your bride."

Alec smiles as he presses his lips against mine, and everyone claps for us.

After a moment, I turn and face everyone. "This will not only be a wedding ceremony, it'll be a parabatai ceremony. Isabelle Lightwood, I ask you to come forward."

Isabelle walks up onto the small platform, and we go through the ceremony.

**A/N I don't know how it goes and I can't look it up because I have no wifi

I smile at Izzy. "I know this is Alec and I's day, but this is you and I's moment."

She smiles and hugs me. "This is the best day ever."

I smile. "Agreed." She and I walk off the platform, over to our family.

"Congratulations," Maryse says as she gives me a one-armed hug. She's always loved me. "Welcome to the family, Mrs. Lightwood."

I smile at her. "Happy to be a part of it."

Alec grabs my arm. "C'mon, I've got something for you."

"Alec-"

"Nope, not optional. You deserve it." He drags me out of the room, to where Fred is standing in the hallway.

"Fred?"

My brother smiles at me. "Hello Mrs. Lightbush."

"Lightwood."

"Well, hello."

I smile and hug him. "I'm so glad you're here."

"Thank your fian-husband. He's the one that invited me."

"You said you wanted to keep a distance-"

"I know, but he talked me into it."

I smile. "Hang on, I'll be right back." I run back into the room, grab Izzy, and run back out. "Fred this is Izzy, she's my  parabatai. And my sister-in-law."

"You've got quite the family."

I smile. "Yeah, I guess I do."

"Are they good to you?"

"I've loved the entirety of the Lightwood family for a year and now I'm part if it. They're great to me. Robert and Maryse are kind, Izzy's my parabatai, Alec's my husband, and I've got a little brother now. His name's Max."

He smiles at me. "I'm glad you have a family again."

"You're still my family, Fred. I'll always be a Stolon."

"I know. Go be with your new family, I've gotta get going."

I take a deep breath and nod. "Okay."

He hugs me quickly, then runs off.

Alec, Izzy, and I all walk back into the room, where there's music playing.

"Wanna dance?" Alec asks me.

I smile and nod as he leads me to the dancefloor.

He and I dance for a few minutes, until his father walks over.

"May I?" He asks.

Alec nods and steps back, and his dad and I start dancing.

"Welcome to the family."

I smile. "Happy to be a part of it."

"You'll make a wonderful addition to the family. Along with Henry."

I smile at him, and we dance for a few minutes until Max walks up to us.

"Can I have a turn?" The young boy asks.

I smile and nod. Since he's really short, he stands on my feet and we dance for a few minutes.

"Attention?" Maryse says as she taps a spoon against a metal glass. "I'd like to propose a toast. To Alec and Charlotte. When I first had Alec, I knew he'd make me proud someday. But I never imagined I'd be this proud. He's standing here, happily married to the best Shadowhunter in the world, who's kind as anything."

Everyone raises their glasses, and Robert stands up.

"Ever since we first met Charlotte," he begins, "we've accepted her as part of the family. She's a great caretaker for Max when we need it, she's our daughter's parabatai, and the loving wife of our son. Now she is part of our family."

Izzy stands up and smiles at me after her dad sits back down. "I've known Charlotte for just over a year. And it has been the best year of my life. She's not just my sister, she's my friend. My parabatai. I can't imagine my life without having met her. She changed my family, made us better. And I know she will continue to do so, because now we're her family too."

And then, to me extreme horror, Alec stands up. "It's an extraordinary thing to meet someone who you can give your soul to and still be happy. Someone you can give your life to, and would give up your life for in a heartbeat. I've been trying to better myself for a few years now. And with Charlotte, I've finally started. She's the love of my life, now my  beautiful bride, and I would give anything to make sure she stays in my life forever."

Everyone in the room raises their glasses, but instead of doing the same Alec sits back down and kisses me.

I smile and kiss him back, until he pulls away and smiles at me. "I love you."

"I love you more."

"Not possible."

I put my head on his shoulder and as I watch Maryse with the baby I can practically see my future. This will be my life. And I couldn't love it any more.

**A/N hey guys! Yes, this seems like it would be the end, but it isn't! There's still one more episode!