Chapter 5

Marc woke up with something steering beside him. His eyes opened slowly. He didn't remember bringing some woman into his bed the night before. Actually, he never did that, bring them home with him. He used to fuck them in an empty alley or at their places. All human girls and even the werewolves she had met and fuck over the years, wanted him and even begged him to stay longer, to have a relationship. He always refused. For him it was just sex. Hard and dispassionate sex. Nothing more. Slowly, afraid of what he would find beside him, he looked at himself and realized that he was fully dressed. Relief flowed through him and he looked to his left. A small bump under the covers brought the memories of the night before.

It was Alexander, his nephew, and he was still sleeping profoundly. 

Looking at his watch, he cursed silently. It was already eight and he was supposed to meet Kyle in five minutes.

Without making a sound, he got out of bed and went downstairs to Kyle's office.

The male was already there, looking through some papers, along with his mate, Emily, that was reading a book while lying on the sofa. She was the first to look at him and smile.

"Hey! How is your nephew?" His friend asked him, looking directly into Marc's eyes. He knew too well that Marc was a bit distant regarding people he didn't know.

"Alexander is sleeping." He replied, looking around at the shelves around the room. His friend was a passionate reader and Marc appreciated that quality in the male.

"Are you going to pick his mother today?" Kyle asked, turning his gaze to the paperwork regarding the pack.

Marc exhaled.

"I was hopping you could do that for me, or Luke." He replied.

Kyle's head snapped in Marc's direction.

"Why? It's your duty that."

"I have a lot to do with the patrols and honestly, that female cannot stand being in the same room with me." Marc explained, concerned.

A small part of him wanted to go pick the woman and that was scaring the shit out of him, but a larger part, wanted to keep his distance from the Loch Ness monster that lived inside of her.

Kyle put the papers down, sighing.

"Look, Marc. You know that you are dismissed for today from your job. You need some free time and I don't remember you stopping working since that day you came back to us. I allowed that for a lot of time, but now I see that it was a mistake. You need to live a bit and that woman is your responsibility, not mine or Luke's."

Marc wanted to complain, but Kyle left him with no possible argument. Damn his friend that knew too well how to defend his point of view.

Before he could get out of the office, Emily spoke.

"I think that Alexander has school today. Don't forget to take him there." 

Cursing loudly, Marc closed the door behind him.

He had forgot about the kid's schedule and the last thing he wanted was to go back to that school.

He wasn't his father and he didn't want to be called that too.

He ran upstairs and tried to wake up the kid.

Instead of jumping out of bed immediately, the boy grabbed the sheets and covered himself more.

 "Let me sleep!" He said, the sound muffled by the soft material.

"Alex, you need to go to school." Marc explained.