Chapter 14

When Callie came back home, she was expecting Marc to be in the living room waiting for her to talk, so she was surprised to see the space empty and no signs of life inside the house.

Remembering the exercises that Misty had ordered her to do, to help her back pain, she went to the lower floor, to the training room that was used every afternoon by the boys.

Lying down on the ground, she began to stretch her back, the tense muscles yelling in pain. Sitting up straight, she pulled her arms up and her neck down. It felt so good that she let out a moan in pleasure.

"May I help you stretching?" Marc's suddenly voice made Callie turn so quickly, that she almost went face down on the soft material.

"I thought there was nobody home..." She said, massaging the now sore spot with her hands.

"And you were right. We all had to go to the compound to a meeting, but since today I don't work, I came back home." He said, walking to her.

"Here, let me help you." He said, taking her hand away and starting to massage her back.

"You don't need to..." She started, but his hands were too skilled to turn them down.

"Lie on the ground with your belly to one side." He said, his voice husky.

Callie did as he said and Marc began with her upper back, finding all the contracted spots and easing them. He got lower and lower and Callie had to bite her lip to not moan in the process.
Marc had planned to provoke Callie, but touching her back and noticing those muscles contracted, he decided to leave it for later. First he would make her feel better. Apparently carrying a child was harder than he thought. How could a woman so small and delicate as Callie could have the back like that? It was as if she was doing hard work everyday, carrying heavy blocks around. Finishing the massage, he helped her back on her feet.

"I will help you stretching now. Put your feet together and bend down the maximum you can." He said.
Even with her big belly, she did a quite nice job.

She is very flexible... His wolf remarked. He ignored it.

"Now put your arms up and look up. Try to reach the ceiling." She did as he said.

"Are you feeling better?" He asked.

"Yes. Thank you." She said, looking at him.

"Apparently I should thank you too... Since last night you made me come without waking me up..." He said, looking closely to see her reaction.

Callie's face turned red with embarrassing.

"You didn't complain then... Are you complaining now?" She asked, raising one beautiful eyebrow.

Marc closed the distance between them and bent his head, his mouth was right beside her right ear.

He bit her earlobe provoking the female. He felt her body shiver and his arm went around her waist, to prevent her from loosing balance.

"What... what are you doing?" She asked, her voice trembling slightly.

"I'm showing my appreciation to your rebel act." He teased her.

Callie moaned and that erotic sound made his blood run below his abdomen.

Shit... I should be provoking her and not myself... Marc thought, giving a step back.

Callie's eyes were darker, showing her need, her lust for him.

He cursed, knowing that he would have to leave now before they made something else, completely different from his plans.

Clearing his throat and giving a step back, Marc looked at the female.

"I'm sorry. I would love to stay, but I have to go to the city..." He said, turning around, so he couldn't see her face, her body.

"Are you going to have sex with some whores?" She asked.

Marc's mouth popped open in shock. How did she know? Right... the other night when he put her to bed after going to the bar.

He needed to cut this now before they went further, so he turned and was crushed by her expression. Sadness, disappointment, anger... all on her beautiful features.

"Yeah... maybe I will visit some of my friends." He said, the best cold voice he could master at that point.

He wasn't expecting what happen next. Callie jumped at him, her canines elongated, and she bit him on his neck, where mated couples wear the mark. She was marking him as hers. A growl escaped his lips, but it wasn't a angry one. No... it was one of pure ecstasy. His wolf accepted the mark as if it was his true mate doing it. He never had felt his wolf like that... with a new strength, with a new propose in life and for the first time in years, complete.

Marc fell to the ground on his knees, while a possessive Callie was still attached to his neck. Blood ran down his shirt, but he didn't care for that. He wanted to mark her as well as his, but he knew better. In her state, with her pregnancy still in process, he couldn't put her through that kind of shock. His body was flooded by a heat that he never felt before. He knew then that she had managed the only thing that he was trying to prevent, her being linked with him. Not just because she had been his brothers mate but because she didn't deserved to be mated with such monster as he was.

Marc put his arms around Callie's back and rubbed them.

"What have you done, sweetheart? You just ruined your life." He said, his eyes getting wet with indescribable emotions.

Callie pulled her head back and licked at the spot she had opened. She was still in shock of what she had done, but her wolf had take control completely, blinded by rage and love.

"I'm sorry... But I couldn't..." What? Stop from biting you? Pretend that it was OK for you to go fuck another? Hold on a bit more till you marked me instead? Well... all of that...

"Shhh... It's OK, I'm fine... But now it's official, hum? I belong to you..." He said, unable to say more.

"Are you mad?" She asked, tears running down her cheeks.

Marc wiped them away with his finger.

"No... I'm just surprised and afraid to not be the male you deserve..." He said, looking at her serious.

Callie stroked his cheek with her hand.

"Marc... you are the best male I know... Please... accept me as your mate..."

His response was to kiss those soft lips that he had craved so much in the past weeks. They didn't make sex. No, he was too tired and she was a rack. He lifted his female from the floor and took her to his room, laying her on the large bed. Lying down beside her, he pulled her closer to him, caressing her hair and back, trying to calm her.

She was shaking so badly, that for moments he considered calling Misty to check on her, but soon enough she relaxed and fell asleep.

Marc stood awake. He couldn't close his eyes because he was worried about all. Alex... How would he react? He had a good start with the kid, but the boy would probably think that he was stealing his mother from him or even to take the place his father had. Marc didn't any of that. He liked the boy as if he was his son and the one that was on the way, he loved him too. But how could he took care of them, if he didn't know how. 

Marc imagined Luke and Kyle knowing what had happen. They would fall in their asses laughing probably. He, the strong warrior and man that kept pushing people away, had let a small and fragile female mark him, bite him on his neck, something that his enemies never did because he was too alert to let it pass.

Marc looked at Callie and sighed. He would have to be a better man for her. She deserved that and if she had managed to forgive him, he should learn how to do it as well.

"I swear that I will protect you and your pups till my life comes to an end. I will try to be a good male, a good example for both of your boys. You... sweet Callie, you saved me. You saved me from the darkness that crept inside me for too long. I love you, I hope you know that. Not today, but one day..."

Callie was too deep in sleep to hear Marc's words, but her wolf heard them clearly and the wild creature felt proud and at peace. She had lost a mate but she had found a new one, one that had a special connection with her spirit. Her wolf felt complete and purred in happiness. She had chosen the male well. Her wolf knew that she had forced her human half to do what she had wanted to do for some months.

One thing would be different. Now, she would protect her mate too, unlike she had done with Jeffrey.