Chapter 9

Callie went back to the kitchen, her mind completely clouded with what she had done. Kissing a male that wasn't her mate? Was she insane? Must be the hormones... the pregnancy was making her mind go crazy... Oh... god... what would he think? That she was a slut for sure...

Blushing hard, she took a moment to compose herself, before joining the others. She entered the space and Alex turned to her.

"Mommy... I'm eating ice-cream!!" her boy yelled excited. Callie smiled and thanked the presents werewolves for taking such good care of Alex.

Emily stood and went to Callie.

"Is everything OK?" She asked, concerned.

Callie cleared her throat. "Yes. Marc and I talked and now everything is fine. I will let Alex train with him, if that is a good thing for my son."

The female smiled at Callie. "Good. I think Marc is a good male. He will take good care of Alex."

Talking about the devil... Marc walked inside the kitchen.

"Alex, are you ready to go pick Jared?" Jared was the other boy from Emily's pack and Marc had talked with his father to arrange the time to pick him up.

Alex nodded and ran to Marc. The Beta turned to Callie with a blanked face, as if they hadn't shared a kiss in his room.

"Callie, do you mind if I take him with me?" He asked. The question was more a rhetorical one, but Callie gave her consent anyway.

Marc couldn't understand how Callie couldn't think he was a monster. Her hormones must be in the clouds for her to kiss him and thinking of him as the victim. God, that female was bipolar. One moment, she was slapping him, the other, she was kissing his lips. God... that kiss had ignited something in Marc. A lust he had never felt before except with his Amalia.

This was totally wrong, but he kept wondering if her lips of her pussy were that soft as well. He blow his thoughts away and focused on the task at the moment. Alex was trying to give him his little hand again, and not wanting to disappoint the kid, he accepted it. Jared's house was not far. His family was living in one of the new houses they had built over the last month and they were all near the compound. They crossed the field, where some warrior were sparing and Marc saw his nephew look at the men with longing. He was probably remembering his father.

"Your father was a great warrior, Alex. You should be proud of him." Marc said. He hopped that would make the kid feel better.

Alex looked at him.

"He died. He wasn't that good." The boy said. Marc stopped walking and bent his knees to stare at Alex's face.

"Don't ever think that. Your father was a brave man. He defended our pack and that night..." He paused, clearing his throat. "That night there were too many rogues attacking. I know he killed several till he collapsed. He is a hero! He prevented the rogues from killing the other members of our pack. He protected you and your mother." 

And then was when the second hug came. Alex threw his little arms around Marc's neck.

"Promise you won't leave me too." The boy said, crying.

Marc pulled back and wiped the tears on Alex's face. 

"I promise kiddo. Now, let's go pick your new friend." Marc said, looking at the houses ahead.

"He is not my friend." His nephew retorted in a matter of fact.

"Maybe not now, but someday. Hey, he seems a good kid."

When the pair arrived at the wooden house, Jared's mother opened the door. She was a small woman with some healthy curves and she smiled at them.