Chapter 12

Callie felt as if she was in cloud nine. Her body was still weak from the shock of pleasure that had rocked her entire being moments before.
Her eyes turned to Marc. He was breathing heavily, his head down as if he was looking at something on the floor. It was then that she smelled his fluids, but she couldn't see it on her or on the sheets. Probably it was an old scent. Probably it remained after he brought someone home. That only thought, made Callie cringe. How many women had slept in that room? She didn't want to think so much about that, specially in that moment.
She was opening her mouth to speak, but Marc spoke first.

"You need to clean yourself. I will help you into the bathtub." He said, standing and going into his bathroom. She heard the water ran and sighed. She was suddenly so tired. She couldn't go to Misty's that night. She mind-linked her friend telling her that. Misty just laughed and said that she wasn't expecting her to go, which made Callie's frown. Her friend knew that this was going to happen. But how? Even Callie couldn't have predict it.

Marc stripped out his jeans and took a quick shower, before preparing a bath for Callie. How could he loose control like that? Stepping out of the white tub, he put a towel around himself, to cover his private parts.

Then, he put the tap on the tub and some soap to give some bubbles. Hot water began to fill the white material. He went to the room and noticed that Callie was shivering slightly. He went to her and made her go under the covers, not even considering that she would let her delicious scent on his sheets.

Later, he would regret that he didn't change the sheets since he couldn't sleep with her scent all around him.

She thanked him and they stayed there, staring at each other for some moments.

"Why did you do it?" She asked, wanting to know more about his feelings.

"Because I don't want you to be fucked by a random guy... you know... you were my brother's mate..." He trailed off.

"Don't bring your brother to this conversation! He is dead!!" She said angrily.

When he remained quiet, she asked again the same question.

"I already told you... I don't want some guy treating you like you are nothing but a pretty face and nice cunt." Marc said, shaking his head and turning to face the window, so she wouldn't see the truth in his eyes.

"Did it meant anything to you?" She asked.

Hell yes!! "No." 

"Bullshit!" She said and Marc turned to her, his eyes black.

"You are lying, Marc. I know that you didn't want me to go, not because of my current state or Jeffrey. You didn't want me to go tonight because you cannot stand me being with someone else except you." She wasn't sure of what she was doing, but she wanted to push him harder and see if he was actually telling her the truth and she didn't meant anything to him. It would hurt, of course, but needed to know and something inside her knew that he was lying. 

"Your bath is ready." Was his answer. God... he could drive her crazy... 

"Marc..." She began again, pushing the sheets out of her. He walked to the bed and picked her up.

"Callie... I'm not attracted to you, but I promised to take care of you. You needed a good release, I gave it to you. Nothing more than that." He said, taking her to the bathtub. That hurt.

He is lying... I can sense his wolf and he is horny as hell... Her wolf said inside her head. She trusted her wolf instincts.

Callie remained silent and considered playing a dirty card to find what she wanted.