Chapter 8

Marc was in the kitchen preparing a big piece of lamb in the oven, when Luke entered.

"Now you decided to convert yourself into a cook?" The male joked.

"Yes. I found it very relaxing and God knows that I need to relax a bit and keep my distance from Callie." Marc replied, looking at his friend.

"She isn't that bad... and she has a pretty ass." Luke remarked which made Marc growl.

Luke laughed hard.

"Oh, come on... I won't jump at her..."

"Good to know... She is my decease brother's mate and the last thing she needs is to have a horny male around her." Marc retorted.

So put some distance between her and yourself... Each time we share the same space, your dick comes to life... His wolf replied. He was right, but Marc didn't want to admit that Callie had that effect on him.

Turning his focus to the food, he started making a salad. He wanted for Alex and Callie to feel comfortable at the house, to feel that they have everything they needed.

Emily looked at the time and her stomach growled with hunger.

"I think we should go down to have lunch." She said, raising to her feet.

Callie nodded and called for Alex to come. The three went to the kitchen and saw all males present, Luke, Marc and Kyle.

Emily went to Kyle and he embraced her, kissing the top of her head.

That brought old memories to Callie. She looked around and saw that Alex was near Marc, peeking into the oven.

"Uau... I want a big piece!!" Her son yelled, happily. Callie ran to him.

"It's dangerous to be so near the oven, Alex. You can burn yourself..." She said in a reprimanding tone.

"You're mother is right. Now go to sit in your favorite chair and I will give you a plate with a lot of meat." He said, grabbing the dishes.

When they were all sat at the table with their food in front of them, Callie looked at her dish for some moments, without touching it.

"Is not poisoned, you know?" Marc said, looking at her.

"Did you cook this?" She asked incredulous.

"It didn't cook by itself. Now eat, you need food as your baby does." He said and began to put some food into his mouth.

Seeing her son enjoying the meal, Callie smiled a bit. At least Alex was happy.

"Oh, Alex... don't forget that today, at four, you have to go to the gym with me. That boy from your class is coming too." Marc said, looking at the boy. Alex smiled and nodded.

"What is that about?" Callie asked, surprised.

"I will give the two kids some classes of self defense, and yes, he has to go. It's mandatory..." Marc answered, not bothering looking at her.

Callie's blood boiled.

"We need to talk." She said strictly and got up, walking out of the kitchen.

Marc stayed there, continuing eating, till Kyle cleared his throat and signaled him to go to Callie.

Forcing his legs to move, he followed her. She was waiting for him upstairs.

"Why does my son have to train with you? He is just a child and I don't want him near a man like you." 

"He beat a kid at school and the only way to save the situation was to deal with it by giving both kids behavior lessons. Alex needs to respect the others and learn to not fight because he doesn't like other people." Marc explained.