Chapter 19

Next day, all children and old people were send to Robert's pack. The Alpha received them with open arms, without asking questions. Friends should help friends in need, and Robert saw those three males as closed friends.

Alex left the pack with a sad expression all over his little face, which broke both Callie's and Marc's heart, but it was for his safety and Callie didn't want her son around.

She had started to feel the baby kick her from inside a few days before and she knew that it would get worse from the nerves that rocked the pack. The stress that they were living wasn't good for her baby but her wolf couldn't leave knowing that she could also lose her man.

Kyle and Emily recruited all healthy men from both packs to start training. Most of them were farmers and backers but they all showed determination to learn everything that Luke and Marc teach them in the short time they had.

Those days everyone could feel the tension in the air, the fear, the uncertainty. Kyle, Marc, Luke and Emily always hided their concern in front of the pack, always remained confident and courageous. That made everything easier for all.
The women that stayed, some went to the clinic to learn the basic medicine with Misty to treat the possible injured men.

Others, decided to train with the men. Of course in battle they would stay behind the males, not because they weren't capable of fighting and killing but because for the men they were seen as too valuable to loose.

The snow was still covering the ground when the Brazilian pack reached their territory. They were just ten, but the aura that surrounded the group was as menacing as if they were fifty. The scent in the air changed completely from nervousness to aggressiveness.

Before their intrusion, the songs of the birds in the trees were loud enough to create a calm melody, the leafs of the dark forest were dancing around the wind and you could see some wild animals lazily exploring the ground, probably searching for some prey in the cold white landscape.

The magnificent nature stopped enjoying the day when the dark skin men broke everyone's concentration. They walked slowly as if they owned the earth and sky above.

Mark, Luke and Kyle were there, along with others warriors from their pack, to received the group, stopping them from entering further in the territory. The tanned men came to a halt abruptly. Their eyes scanning everything and everyone with deep concentration.

For some moments, no one moved, the air encased inside their rib-cages, screaming desperately to be released.

The tallest man from the rival group took a step forward, his eyes locked on the three males from the White Shadow Pack.

"Which one of you is Marc?" He asked, his voice cold and low.

Marc took a step forward before Kyle could prevent him from moving.

"That would be me." He said, facing the huge male.

The beast of a man came so fast at him, that Marc had just time to escape the hand that had latched out to encase his neck. He caught the balance quickly and swerved to the right, putting some distance between his enemy and himself.

Kyle growled darkly.

"Why are you attacking him?" He asked, jumping in front of his Beta.