Chapter 16

Callie almost passed out when she saw her son riding an adult werewolf. The beast was enormous and seemed ferocious. 

It's Marc's wolf. Easy... We chose well, hum? We can be proud of our new mate... Her wolf exclaimed excited. Callie had to agree with her. Marc's  wolf was magnificent, his brown reddish fur was breathtaking. She noticed that he was walking slowly, probably to not make her son fall and she loved him a bit more for that.

When he stopped in front of her, his big brown eyes looking directly at hers, he mind-linked her.

"He is fine, but I think I agree with him. I want to have a dog." He said, chuckling. Callie shook her head in amusement.

Picking up Alex, she turned to him.

"So... apparently you are so charming that you convinced Marc to give you a dog hum?" She asked him and her son grinned.

His eyes showed that he felt as if he had conquered the world.

"Oh... why not? I always wanted to have a creature that remained in one shape." She said.

"I will get dressed and we can go to the city to find the new lucky guy or girl..." Marc said, running to the house to get changed.

He was fast to return and all got in his car and drove to some city near by. Marc didn't want to take Callie to the same city as the bar he used to go, so he chose another one.

He parked the car in one of the streets and asked for the nearest pet shop in town. The old man that gave him the directions, was already a bit drunk and Marc had some suspicious that they would end up in the wrong street. Luckily, he was wrong and when they saw the little shop with the animal logo on top, Alex ran inside. The smell and sound of birds, reptiles, cats was overwhelming. They walked to the aisle where both cats and dogs were begging to be adopted. 

"I think we should have gone to the pound. At least we could have saved a life." Callie said.

Marc looked at Alex and saw that the kid was looking at a specific dog that was licking the glass. It was a Siberian Husky and Marc had to admit that his nephew knew how to pick them. The creature was cute and small, like a teddy.

"Alex... I was thinking that maybe it would be a good idea to visit the pound too. You can see all animals that the city has an choose. What do you think?" Marc asked, trying to persuade the kid.

"But I want this doggy..." He said, with his big puppy eyes staring at Marc.

The warrior sighed. "OK. We will buy this one for you." He said, walking to the man on the counter and asking how much was the little ball.

Thirty minutes later, they were walking out of the shop with their hands full. Several bags of dog food, several toys and two dog beds. Callie didn't understand why Marc insisted to buy two, but he said that one would be in the living room and the other in the kitchen, so the dog could pick where to lay down.

 It was when Marc parked the car in front of the pound, that she looked at him confused. They had already one puppy barking in the back seat of the car. Why would they need to go to the pound? 

"I told you that I wanted a dog too." He said, getting out of the vehicle.

Callie laughed. "Oh... Kyle will kill us..." She said, remembering the Alpha.

"Actually, Kyle wanted a dog for some time. He just thinks that he has not time to take care of it. Do you want to come and pick one?" He asked her. She shook her head.

"I will stay here with Alex and... we need to pick a name..." She said, turning around to her son.

"I will call her Snowflake." Alex said.