Chapter 7

When Marc entered the kindergarten, he saw a lot of females of his pack and Emily's waiting for their kids to come out. Looking at his watch, he sighed. Who should be here now was his brother and not him. 

The sound of the front door opening cut his thoughts and he turned his head to see if Alex was one of the kids that was running in the direction of the front gate. The excitement of them was palpable. He saw his nephew among the crowd and he called him.

Alex approached his uncle and immediately asked if he was going to see his mother. Marc smiled at him.

"Yes. She is already at home waiting for you." He replied. Before he could take a step toward the mansion, Marc felt a little hand searching for his. He looked down to see a insecure boy looking back at him.

The adult male gave the kid the second smile and accepted the little hand in his.

If someone looked at them in that moment, they would swear that it was father and son.

After putting some clothes and eating, Callie went to the window in front of the desk. She didn't know what time it was, but probably it was time to go pick Alex. She was thinking of leaving the house, when something caught her eye outside the glass wall. A man and a child were approaching the front of the mansion. Not any child, her child and not any man either, it was Marc. Her heart stopped beating for some seconds. They were giving hands and her little boy seemed happy. What the hell? What did he do to him? 

Abruptly, she got up from the chair and ran to the door, opening it with such force that it crashed against the wall. She ran downstairs with a speed that only a mother protecting her child could manage. That man needed to learn to stay away from her child!

Marc and Alex were talking about the day in the kindergarten, when a furious female appeared at the doorway of the mansion. Alex was excited to see his mother, but Marc detected the hatred behind those eyes that were staring directly at him.

She closed the distance fast and picked up her son as if Marc was going to bite him. She turned to the Beta and growled.

"You stay away from my son!" Marc growled back, but let her go inside the house without saying a word. He decided that it was a good time to burn out some stress, so he went to the lower floor, to the gym.

Callie took her son to their new bedroom and sat him on the bed, checking if he was alright.

"What are you doing mommy?" The boy asked confused.

"Did he hurt you?" She asked, panicking.

"Who? Uncle Marc? No..." Alex replied, looking at his mother and shaking his head.

"Uncle Marc, hum?" She said more to herself than to her little boy. 

Seeing that the kid was well, she told him to play with his toys since she had to go search Marc and tell him some things.

She was furious with the male. How dare he go pick her son and touch him?

She followed his scent and found the door that would lead her to a hidden floor underground. She descended the stairs and walked through the dark hallway, trying to find where the man had gone. Suddenly, she heard some metallic sound and she wondered if it was a dungeon. Most likely, the male was torturing someone. Embracing herself, she peeked inside a room and noticed the machines and the mat covering all the floor. His delicious scent came from that room and she shook her head at that thought. Scanning the room, she tried to find him to tell him a piece of her mind.

A large male was without a shirt pulling weights like he was Hulk, without effort at all. She knew that was Marc. How many pounds was he lifting? She didn't know, but that view of his back and his muscles flexing, made her mouth water. Callie blamed the stupid hormones for her reaction.