Chapter 18

Two weeks later and the couple was even more in love with each other. Marc's day resumed to take Alex every morning to the kindergarten, since Callie needed the sleep more than him. After that short walk, he would go to the fields and help Luke with the training. During the afternoon, all three males would gathered in Kyle's office to review some of the pack rules, to plan the new defense of their borders and to decide the best plan of integration between both packs.

Callie would pick her son after his time on kindergarten and would head home or to Jared's house. She had become friends with his mother, and soon enough, she met all women from Emily's pack. The Luna would join them too and they would talk for hours, till time to return home arrived.

One of those days, one that had started as a normal one, Kyle discovered a strange letter between the others that were send by other packs. It didn't had the address of the person that had send it. Just Marc's name and the name of their pack. His friend didn't receive letters at all and that brought some suspicion. Mind-linking Marc to come to his office immediately, he passed him the envelope.

Marc stared at it confused, his brows frowned. Hurriedly, he opened it and read the message in silence. With each word, his eyes narrowed a bit more.

"FUCK!!" He yelled.

"What is it?" Kyle asked, worried with his friend's reaction.

"Kyle, I have to go. I need to leave the pack and find this son of a bitch." He said, handing the paper to Kyle so he could read.

I've been looking for you half of my life and, last week, I had the confirmation of you're location. You don't know me but I know who you are and I will hunt you down even if it is the last thing I will do in my life. Years ago, you killed my legitimate mate and I promised her father on his death that I would avenge him, I would kill the bastard that had killed his daughter. Now that I finally found you, I will kill you and all people you love.

Alpha António

"Who the fuck is this guy?" Kyle asked, his eyes searching Marc's face for some answer.

"I don't know, but I presume he is the wolf that should have been mated with Amalia, my deceased mate." He said,  shaking his head.

"But you didn't killed her." Kyle exclaimed, his brain already creating some strategies to defeat the crazy Alpha.

"Apparently he doesn't know that and he comes for revenge. I need to pack my things and go there to solve this." Marc said, turning to leave.

"You are not going anywhere." Kyle said calmly.

The Beta turned shocked.

"What?" He asked confused.

"I said... you are not going anywhere..." Kyle said in a growl, his voice low but full of Alpha power.

"But... but... he will come and I bet he is bringing warriors with him. We don't stand a change of defeating them." Marc said, the panic that he was feeling was visible in his eyes.

"Marc, you are my Beta, my friend, but you are more than that. You are like my brother. You and Luke, so I won't let you go in a suicide mission to protect the packs. We are a family, all of us and I would prefer to die first to protect you than let you go all alone. If you go, you will not come back alive and I cannot live with myself knowing that I let you dig your own grave. So, I command you to stay and we will fight this battle together." The Alpha said serious.

Marc couldn't talk. It seemed that the words had evaporated from his mind. He walked to his friend and hugged him. That wasn't something they did usually, but it felt good for both of them.